Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

California's Proposition 2 & 8

Old 11-04-2008, 12:34 AM
White[Pony]
For relaxing times...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California's Proposition 2 & 8

[rant]

I gotta wonder why these are even on the ballot. Really.

Prop 2 makes it law that animals in cages must be allowed enough room to move around, stretch their limbs out and not be so heavily confined just to save space. God forbid living creatures be able to move around a little bit for what's left of their lives. I've heard the "Well, they're going to die anyway" excuse and the only thing that springs to my mind is, "Hey... you're gonna die someday too. Can We toss you in a cage where you can't move around? I mean... you're gonna die anyway" Come on! People are actually against this becoming a law.

Prop 8 is going to take rights away from people. Take away their rights. Honestly. This isn't going to be taught in schools as some sort of required curriculum like the supporters suggest. I was never taught about *straight* marriage in school, but suddenly they're going to teach the new generations about how gay people can marry? Bullshit. Call it what it is, you don't support their lifestyle and you want to take away their rights as much as you possibly can.

[/rant]
Old 11-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally Posted by White[Pony]
[rant]

I gotta wonder why these are even on the ballot. Really.

Prop 2 makes it law that animals in cages must be allowed enough room to move around, stretch their limbs out and not be so heavily confined just to save space. God forbid living creatures be able to move around a little bit for what's left of their lives. I've heard the "Well, they're going to die anyway" excuse and the only thing that springs to my mind is, "Hey... you're gonna die someday too. Can We toss you in a cage where you can't move around? I mean... you're gonna die anyway" Come on! People are actually against this becoming a law.

Prop 8 is going to take rights away from people. Take away their rights. Honestly. This isn't going to be taught in schools as some sort of required curriculum like the supporters suggest. I was never taught about *straight* marriage in school, but suddenly they're going to teach the new generations about how gay people can marry? Bullshit. Call it what it is, you don't support their lifestyle and you want to take away their rights as much as you possibly can.

[/rant]
I voted against prop 2. I mean, I see your arguement, but the environmental impact of requiring more space is a negative, plus greater heating and lighting costs/impacts, as was the competitiveness of CA's farming economy. Also, an unforseen impact will be the loss of market of truly free-range chicken, as these people wont be able to compete with the huge industrial farm growers who may attempt to rebrand their products to maintain profits.

Prop 8 is pure douchebaggery.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:33 AM
HawtPants
the one and only

Originally Posted by Epoch
I voted against prop 2. I mean, I see your arguement, but the environmental impact of requiring more space is a negative, plus greater heating and lighting costs/impacts, as was the competitiveness of CA's farming economy. Also, an unforseen impact will be the loss of market of truly free-range chicken, as these people wont be able to compete with the huge industrial farm growers who may attempt to rebrand their products to maintain profits.

Prop 8 is pure douchebaggery.
even if it does raise costs i wouldn't mind paying it. i love foie gras but feel bad eating it. if only you could kobe style foie gras so that at least the animal feels some pleasure in life :sad: