Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Top Clinton fundraiser backs McCain over Obama

Old 09-17-2008, 02:57 PM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Clinton fundraiser backs McCain over Obama

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080917/...clinton_backer

Top Clinton fundraiser backs McCain over Obama

By ANN SANNER, Associated Press Writer 16 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - A top Hillary Rodham Clinton fundraiser threw her support behind Republican John McCain on Wednesday, saying he will lead the country in a centrist fashion and accusing the Democrats of becoming too extreme.

if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['lheJAtG_Rv0-']='&U=13fd2jl7k%2fN%3dlheJAtG_Rv0-%2fC%3d674272.12804963.13083852.1442997%2fD%3dLREC %2fB%3d5406809%2fV%3d1';
"I believe that Barack Obama, with MoveOn.org and Nancy Pelosi and Howard Dean, has taken the Democratic Party — and they will continue to — too far to the left," Lynn Forester de Rothschild said. "I'm not comfortable there."
Rothschild is also a member of the Democratic National Committee's Platform Committee. She said she would be stepping down from her position on the committee but will not switch political parties.
Clinton spokeswoman Kathleen Strand said in an e-mail that the New York senator disagrees with Rothschild's decision to endorse McCain.
"Senator Clinton has been criss-crossing the country and doing whatever she can to make the very clear case that the Obama-Biden ticket represents the new ideas and positive change we need right now, and the McCain-Palin ticket does not," Strand said in the e-mail.
Rothschild said she was excited by the prospect of a woman being in the White House, even though she and Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin disagree on issues. The Alaska governor opposes abortion except in the case of a threat to the mother's life. Rothschild said she supports abortion rights.
"I believe that the McCain-Palin government will be a centrist government," Rothschild said. "It's not going to be an ideological government."
Rothschild is a member of the DNC's Democrats Abroad chapter and splits her time living in London and New York. She was one of Clinton's top fundraisers, bringing in more than $100,000 for her presidential campaign. She built a multimillion-dollar telecommunications company before marrying international banker Sir Evelyn de Rothschild.
Rothschild said she has not discussed her support for McCain with Clinton.
"I'm sure she is not pleased with what I'm doing today," she said. "But you know what? I have to do what I believe in."
Old 09-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

She also called Obama an Elitist. Which strikes me as ironic considering her family is basically the definition of elitist.

She's welcome to support whomever she wants to. I'll stick with Warren Buffet's opinion of who's more capable to run the country economically than her feelings.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Anthony
ZOMG Pew Pew Laserbeams

Funny that some stuff was omitted from the yahoo article, namely this:

In an interview with CNN this summer, Forester did not hide her distaste for eventual Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.
“This is a hard decision for me personally because frankly I don't like him,” she said of Obama in an interview with CNN’s Joe Johns. “I feel like he is an elitist. I feel like he has not given me reason to trust him.”
Forester is the CEO of EL Rothschild, a holding company with businesses around the world. She is married to international banker Sir Evelyn de Rothschild. Forester is a member of the DNC’s Democrats Abroad chapter and splits her time living in London and New York.
I just find it funny that she calls Obama an elitist but she in fact is the CEO of a company and married into a notably rich family, nothing wrong with that of course. More or less it seems more vindictive instead of idealistic.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:25 AM
benjamin
Stuff and things.

A vocal supported of McCain, and yet no donations to his campaign:

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/do...ld,%20Lynn%20F

Plenty of money for Democratic campaigns, though.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know where this elitst crap is coming from. Obama is essentially self-made. He's spent significant periods of his life doing community service in one way or another. His wife gave up a high-paying law job to work for the S Chigago community.

McCain dumped his wife and married a multi-millionaire. Which sounds more elitist to you?

If being well educated and proficient in English makes you an elitist, then yes, Obama is an elitist.