Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Need advice on work issues.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:38 PM
White[Pony]
For relaxing times...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on work issues.

Ok, I still work a shitty job @ Petsmart while in school. Lately we've hired some less than useful people and as such, the quality and service in the joint is getting lower and lower every day.

Two of the biggest problems we have are:

1) Three of the guys whose job it is to stock the shelves in the early morning hours (before we open) and the early open hours simply do not do their jobs. They stand around doing nothing, talking to each other, the cute girl from the fish department and are generally useless. They ignore calls, don't keep the shelves stocked which is their only real duty and their laziness increases the workload of the other people who actually do work.

2) One of the managers chases after *every* remotely cute girl that comes to work at the store. I'm all for checking out the hot girls in the store. I do it often, but this guy neglects his management duties every single day when one of said cute girls is around. As a result of this, the girls also end up doing absolutely nothing during their shifts except increasing my and my associates' workload. They follow each other around like lost little puppies and what's more the newest girl has flat out stated she has no interest in the guy, she has a boyfriend with whom she lives, yet still flirts all day, every day with the guy just to get out of doing any actual work. We'll need some help with customers and lines getting too long and call her to come help out and he'll call someone from a completely different department to come help us instead of allowing this girl whose job it is to do exactly what we called her for.

These two things are really pissing me off every single day I go to work because I have to pick up their slack day in, day out. We have customers complaining every single day about there being nothing on the shelf and we have those same angry customers getting even more pissed off because the management that is present won't do any of their god damned jobs.

So that's the story, in a nutshell. I'm looking for a little bit of advice on how I should take these concerns to the store management, corporate, etc. I'm planning to speak with the big boss, as it were, tomorrow about it and I'm trying to figure out the best way to address my concerns. Any help would be cool
Old 06-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Grifter

are you planning on making a career with petsmart?
i wouldnt let it get to you so bad, having worked in shitty food service and shitty retail

its never too early to start looking for a job that uses your education or at least get your foot in the door in your desired industry
Old 06-21-2008, 04:49 PM
TeggerLS

Call HR and complainh: It's only petsmart you can find a better job.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:49 PM
White[Pony]
For relaxing times...

Yeah. I decided to bring it up at this meeting we have for the whole staff tomorrow. I'm not the only one though. Someone else already wrote an anonymous letter to the boss man about it and another employee has expressed their concerns, so at least it won't be out of the blue. I do need to find a new job though at any rate.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Megatron
TF-Plasticrack Crew

If your store manager isn't doing his/her job, I would contact the district manager. It's the DM's job to bring things into line.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:31 PM
HAIIRO
M0V3!! B1TCH!

Damn man I am a girl and I work for petco lol... cowincidence. I am an aquatics spec. at my store. I go throught the same shit... but it always gets better. I still have to work around my co workers weaknesses, (2 guys as well... 1, 56 the other 19. Ones lazy (19) and the other thinks he runs the place, i actually got the promotion for which he wanted and went $3 up in payraise for doing the best i can

I love my job, and will possibly get to Gm level according to my boss in like a year lol.. but hey work hard and work yourself upon your not so great coworkers thats what I did and now im doing great man!

lol

-p.s.
Please dont be hating on a girl into cars lol, not saying that you personally are n all.. but for everyone... WE NEED OUR SPEED 2!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:10 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Originally Posted by HAIIRO
Damn man I am a girl and I work for petco lol... cowincidence. I am an aquatics spec. at my store. I go throught the same shit... but it always gets better. I still have to work around my co workers weaknesses, (2 guys as well... 1, 56 the other 19. Ones lazy (19) and the other thinks he runs the place, i actually got the promotion for which he wanted and went $3 up in payraise for doing the best i can

I love my job, and will possibly get to Gm level according to my boss in like a year lol.. but hey work hard and work yourself upon your not so great coworkers thats what I did and now im doing great man!

lol

-p.s.
Please dont be hating on a girl into cars lol, not saying that you personally are n all.. but for everyone... WE NEED OUR SPEED 2!
Welcome to Han

You should fire off a letter to the corporate office
hopefully they give a damn about the bussiness and will do something about it

Good luck man!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:31 AM
zoboy

Yeah call their HR or higher management