Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

New Car Problems

Old 09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
ariza034
SuMaDiNaC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car Problems

i bought a new kia couple months ago ever since i got the car there was a snapin noice in the front end... and they kept changing parts and they dont know what the problem is so now they are guessing its the stearing rack...(5 weeks to get from korea) car has been at the dealer for 3 months .... and now i asked them for eather a refund in money or at leaste give me a rental because they are just taking wild guesses at fixing it .... now

they dont know wat the problem is
they wont give rent a car
wont give a new car

reason for above 2 reasons is.... they say that the car is in DRIVABLE condition....(but they dont know wat the problem is)

any ideas ... and in canada we dont have lemon law so dont sudgest that
Old 09-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Grifter

consult an attorney
ii dont know what the lemon law in canada is, if there is any, but that sounds unacceptable to me
Old 09-07-2007, 06:06 PM
AcuraFanatic

Try another dealer if possible. They sound incompetent.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:51 PM
ariza034
SuMaDiNaC

Originally Posted by AcuraFanatic
Try another dealer if possible. They sound incompetent.
there is no point of trying another dealer same guy owns 6 7 different dealerships around my area :down:
Old 09-07-2007, 07:54 PM
ariza034
SuMaDiNaC

Originally Posted by Grifter
consult an attorney
ii dont know what the lemon law in canada is, if there is any, but that sounds unacceptable to me
now i am waiting for them to see if they can find another stearing rack some where to put it in and if that doesnt fix the problem i will be viziting the lawyer

one thing i dont get is ..... they DONt know what the problem is and they say that the car is safe to drive and nuttin wrong will happen

but then i found this at KIA TECH INFO

"The steering tie rods on some 2007MY Spectra vehicles may have a manufacturing flaw that affects the metallurgy. If the tie rod cracks or fails, it could result in loss of vehicle steering control and could result in accidents and related injuries. To correct the potential risk of the steering tie rod failure, Kia is recalling affected 2007MY Spectra vehicles to replace the steering rack assembly, which includes the tie rod components."