Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

GOP using voter intimidation? IMPOSSIBLE

Old 11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
reno96teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, that was a close call for them. they keep lieberman. (not being sarcastic)
Old 11-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by reno96teg
yeah, can't wait for my taxes to go up. gotta pay for tuition for the illegals, you know.
Unless you're making over $140,000 per year your taxes will not increase. Republicans want everyone to think that everyone's taxes will increase but the reality is it's only true for wealthy people.

Originally Posted by Epoch
Wasn't the GOP supposed to bring integrity back to the government? The party of high morals that represent the christian faith?
Totally agree. People argue that democrats are just as guilty of committing immoral acts and yes it's true but it's the republicans that are the hypocrites because they're the party that's preaching high morals and religious values but not practicing those morals and values.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:50 AM
fjm1
G35

Originally Posted by reno96teg
yeah, can't wait for my taxes to go up. gotta pay for tuition for the illegals, you know.
Taxes may have to go up in order to pay for the TRILLIONS of dollars Republicans have borrowed and dumped in the SANDBOX.

We could pay tuition for the entire world, but noooo.... lets do war instead!

OnTopic: Republican arm twisting has gotten out of hand.

If the congress is split who gets the deciding vote?

Hint: He's so tricky.....

Last edited by fjm1; 11-08-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

This election, like those of the last several years, equated to a decision of which turd stank the worst. Voter intimidation is a proven tactic emplored by both parties. Personally i think a high turnover in the house and senate is a good thing but only as long as the trend continues in future elections.

there are too many pork barrell incumbents on both sides of the fence and that really is the issue. it's not a democrat or republican congress issue, it's that the majority of congress is in some organization's/company's pocket and not the voter bases' pocket issue.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:14 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by fjm1
Taxes may have to go up in order to pay for the TRILLIONS of dollars Republicans have borrowed and dumped in the SANDBOX.

We could pay tuition for the entire world, but noooo.... lets do war instead!

OnTopic: Republican arm twisting has gotten out of hand.

If the congress is split who gets the deciding vote?

Hint: He's so tricky.....
Or it may have to go to paying the Trillions of dollars to entitlement programs Democrats use to scare people into voting for them making large swaths of the American government dependent on the government. Last time I checked the government was not my daddy!
Old 11-08-2006, 01:14 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Bl@ck
This election, like those of the last several years, equated to a decision of which turd stank the worst. Voter intimidation is a proven tactic emplored by both parties. Personally i think a high turnover in the house and senate is a good thing but only as long as the trend continues in future elections.

there are too many pork barrell incumbents on both sides of the fence and that really is the issue. it's not a democrat or republican congress issue, it's that the majority of congress is in some organization's/company's pocket and not the voter bases' pocket issue.

AMEN! You hit the nail right on the head!
Old 11-08-2006, 01:18 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Big AL
Unless you're making over $140,000 per year your taxes will not increase. Republicans want everyone to think that everyone's taxes will increase but the reality is it's only true for wealthy people.

Totally agree. People argue that democrats are just as guilty of committing immoral acts and yes it's true but it's the republicans that are the hypocrites because they're the party that's preaching high morals and religious values but not practicing those morals and values.
If the tax cuts are not extended in 2010 as Charlie Rangle says then the tax burden on the middle class will go up, in some cases by more than double. This is a nice way for Democrats to have their cake and eat it too because they can A) claim they never rose taxes and B) have taxes raise simply by doing nothing.

I would also be careful of calling ALL Republicans hippocrites because there are a few bad ones. Atleast the Republicans get rid of their molesters...Democrats give theirs a standing ovation.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:59 AM
fjm1
G35

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
If the tax cuts are not extended in 2010 as Charlie Rangle says then the tax burden on the middle class will go up, in some cases by more than double. This is a nice way for Democrats to have their cake and eat it too because they can A) claim they never rose taxes and B) have taxes raise simply by doing nothing.
Uh oh, are you making a bold prediction for 2010 Nostradamus? It's definitely a possibility, much like rigged elections.....
Old 11-09-2006, 05:12 AM
fjm1
G35

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Or it may have to go to paying the Trillions of dollars to entitlement programs Democrats use to scare people into voting for them making large swaths of the American government dependent on the government. Last time I checked the government was not my daddy!
Please, do find an entitlement program with a price tag that even remotely resembles the DOD.

The entire Department of Health and Human Services functions on a budget that is a fraction of the DOD.

We could fund the Centers for Disease Control for 20 plus years on what we've spent in one year on Iraq.

There is a big difference between Billions and Trillions. About 3 decimal places if I remember correctly.

I personally do not like "entitlement" programs like welfare and disability. They are rife with fraud. I do like healthcare and research. My origional point was that we could spend more wisely. Please, do not attempt to twist it. The point is clear.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:55 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by fjm1
Uh oh, are you making a bold prediction for 2010 Nostradamus? It's definitely a possibility, much like rigged elections.....
Uhm, no. I am merely quoting what Charlie Rangle has said and what the consequences of such action would be. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to realize that if the tax cuts are not extended by the time they expire the rates will go up to where they were before.