Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Brawl Erupts During Patrons' Same-Sex Marriage Discussion

Old 10-04-2006, 08:51 AM
fjm1
G35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by benjamin
Do atheists and other people who choose not to be married in a church have to refer to themselves as being in a civil union instead of a marriage? I have no intention of being married in a synagogue; will my girlfriend and I be excluded from calling ourselves "married" too? That isn't "fair," as you say. Its just silly.
Yes, you are being silly. So get married by a justice of the peace. Or Vegas FTW.

If you win anything on the slots it was my idea and you owe me a cut.

Then be happy with your legally binding MARRIAGE.

The Church has staked out the word "marriage". The states/law makers are backing them up.

Until such time as gay politicians like Jim McGreevey (from my home state BTW) have the majority, there will always be a seperate term for homo-union.

If it's only a word
Old 10-04-2006, 01:22 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by redgoober4life
Oh dear.
No it is not "Oh dear". I am simply stating what happened and why there are issues now.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Duff Man

It's sounds like the majority agrees, as for as the original topic goes. Banning same sex marrige is unconstitutional and bull shit.

We are going off on a tangent and arguing a word. The original topic is arguing a ban that would take away rights from lawful tax paying citizens.

And yes, it's a tool that the Religious right uses and a term the GOP uses to entice minorities. Black males feel awkward voting pro-homosexuality. I've heard plenty of interviews w/ black folks that have been convinced to vote against it and become pro-right because of this one topic...and these are interviews with NPR and other non-partisan sources.

The original argument is BANNING it....OUTLAWING it...making same sex couples illegal.