Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Rove Will Not Be Charged in Plame Leak

Old 06-13-2006, 08:39 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rove Will Not Be Charged in Plame Leak

Rove Won't Be Charged in CIA Leak Case

I know there are going to be some very saddened folks on this board with this news but for me I am excited. After all this work the only charge was to Scooter Libby for obstruction of justice. It is not what you did that gets you in trouble but the covering up.

Bush back in Iraq, Rove not getting charged...so far it has been a good day.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:00 PM
benjamin
Stuff and things.

The federal investigation determined that Rove discussed Plame with two reporters before Novak disclosed her identity and job. Even without the indictments, those guys are both shitbags. Rove far worse than Novak.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Duff Man

...just more proof that our president is a compulsive liar...in 04' he stated that anyone that leaks classified information will be fired immediatly. Not only was Rove not fired, but he was congradulated. And not only did Rove leak classified information, good 'ol Dick approved the leak after the shrub gave him the ok!...So if Bush actually lived by his word, not only would Rove be fired, but he would resign himself!

Yet they want us to trust them...multiple lies. Lie upon lie upon lie...we can't trust these guy's for anything.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:57 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
...just more proof that our president is a compulsive liar...in 04' he stated that anyone that leaks classified information will be fired immediatly. Not only was Rove not fired, but he was congradulated. And not only did Rove leak classified information, good 'ol Dick approved the leak after the shrub gave him the ok!...So if Bush actually lived by his word, not only would Rove be fired, but he would resign himself!

Yet they want us to trust them...multiple lies. Lie upon lie upon lie...we can't trust these guy's for anything.
First he is not a liar. The President has the authority to declassify anything he sees fit. Which in the case of Valerie Plame it appears he did. So your accusation of him being a liar is false.

Here is a link from a good liberal source for you discussing just that.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/...eak/index.html

If we want to debate the merit of releasing that info then fine, let's do so. But calling Bush a liar on this is incorrect.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Duff Man

To be honest, it doesn't bother me that Rove wasn't charged. Alot of Dem's are discouraged by this and take it as a loss. But it is, in fact, a win for the left. Rove is the one responsible for so many critical mistakes in this administration. Rove is responsible for not doing his job and keeping the polls dangerously low for this administration. Let it be...if anything, he will only hurt this administration and allow them to sink even further.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:17 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

To be honest, it doesn't bother me that Rove wasn't charged. Alot of Dem's are discouraged by this and take it as a loss. But it is, in fact, a win for the left. Rove is the one responsible for so many critical mistakes in this administration. Rove is responsible for not doing his job and keeping the polls dangerously low for this administration. Let it be...if anything, he will only hurt this administration and allow them to sink even further.
Rove was also the Architect that got Bush elected in 2000, got us a larger majority in 2002, re-elected Bush and removed Daschle in 2004. I would not count Rove staying as a "Plus" for the left. Poll numbers may be down now but there is still plenty of time left before the election. Even the Republican revolution in 1994 with Gingrich was not clearly known until the last month.

I would not mis-underestimate Bush/Rove & company again.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Rove was also the Architect that got Bush elected in 2000, got us a larger majority in 2002, re-elected Bush and removed Daschle in 2004. I would not count Rove staying as a "Plus" for the left. Poll numbers may be down now but there is still plenty of time left before the election. Even the Republican revolution in 1994 with Gingrich was not clearly known until the last month.

I would not mis-underestimate Bush/Rove & company again.
...and while you would love to call what I'm about to say as simply a conspiracy, but the elections of 00, 02, and even 04 have all been scandalized. There is proof that millions of democratic votes have been unaccounted for in florida, millions of votes in ohio, and millions of votes in 10 other southern states including swing states. Wether or not this was done by pure accident due to flaws in electronic ballots that have been proved to be easily tampered with, or done purely by those that had the power to fix the elections, still shows that there are massive, grave flaws in the voting process.

Either way, the majority of americans are sick of hearing talking points like "Cut and run" and sick of not having a plan of action in Iraq. Americans are sick of the corruption in Washington. Americans want justice and safety. They are sick of getting ripped off and being lied to by this administration and congress that simply panders about gay rights or burning flags, and fails at getting anything accomplished.

Last edited by Duff Man; 06-28-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:25 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

...and while you would love to call what I'm about to say as simply a conspiracy, but the elections of 00, 02, and even 04 have all been scandalized. There is proof that millions of democratic votes have been unaccounted for in florida, millions of votes in ohio, and millions of votes in 10 other southern states including swing states. Wether or not this was done by pure accident due to flaws in electronic ballots that have been proved to be easily tampered with, or done purely by those that had the power to fix the elections, still shows that there are massive, grave flaws in the voting process.

Either way, the majority of americans are sick of hearing talking points like "Cut and run" and sick of not having a plan of action in Iraq. Americans are sick of the corruption in Washington. Americans want justice and safety. They are sick of getting ripped off and being lied to by this administration and congress that simply panders about gay rights or burning flags, and fails at getting anything accomplished.
Paragraph #1 - Conspiracy theory and nothing new.

Paragraph #2 - Then if that is the case lets see them vote that way. Democrats have been saying that for years and then licking their wounds on election night. Let's see if the Democrats can put together a coherent message and be clear on what they stand for. So far their plan of Cutting and Running has been all bluster because when the votes go on the record they vote against it. Corruption happens with all politicians...to believe it is one party or the other is idiotic. There is plenty getting accomplished...just not on your agenda.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Duff Man

While my assumptions as to why these situations took place might be held as potential conspiring, the truth is that these are all facts.

As far as the future to this occupation in Iraq is concerned, the democrats are throwing out ideas and trying to provoke a discussion. The Republicans are sitting on there fat backs in offices and telling us we need to stay...thats it and that all...just stay the course. But their flaw is that there is no course...there's no plan...whats the plan? Lets discuss it...let's argue it, lets figure out a plan and lets figure out how to end this thing once and for all.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:57 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

While my assumptions as to why these situations took place might be held as potential conspiring, the truth is that these are all facts.

As far as the future to this occupation in Iraq is concerned, the democrats are throwing out ideas and trying to provoke a discussion. The Republicans are sitting on there fat backs in offices and telling us we need to stay...thats it and that all...just stay the course. But their flaw is that there is no course...there's no plan...whats the plan? Lets discuss it...let's argue it, lets figure out a plan and lets figure out how to end this thing once and for all.
It is also fact that Democrats used voter intimidation at Bush campaign offices and slashed tires on rented cars to prevent Republican Get out the Vote efforts.

The Democrats have a plan to remove troops, not how to ensure Iraq is stable. That is called cutting and running. President Bush has said that the US troops will stay until an Iraqi army and police force can effectively defend the country from internal and external threats. You cannot set a timetable for this but evidence can be seen that this is working as the US and coalition allies are turning more and more responsibility over to the Iraqis. That is both a course and a plan, and one accomplished will lead to a stable Iraq and out troops going home. not just our troops going home.