Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

john kerry really fucking infuriates me...

Old 01-27-2006, 06:45 AM
reno96teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default john kerry really fucking infuriates me...

first, him and kennedy are trying to lead a filibuster on the alito confirmation. obvious political posturing.

they wouldn't risk it unless they knew a filibuster was doomed to failure, and thus wouldn't have ramifications.

and worse even, he's the SENATOR of the state that I LIVE IN, yet he's running all around the country setting himself up for another run for presidency. what the hell is he doing for Massachusetts? JACK SHIT!

ugh.. this pisses me off so much. :down:
Old 01-27-2006, 07:56 AM
MellowGold

Filibusters are part of the balance of power in the senate. Sure, it sucks when it is used, but it is sometimes a necessity.

(Note: I still haven't made up my mind about Alito, so I'm indifferent about this particular filibuster.)
Old 01-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

*shrug*
It's a fact of the American political system (or rather, parliamentary procedure). Republicans and Democrats alike have used it to block things they don't like and to posture. Oh, and the longest filibuster to date was by a Republican (Orin Hatch), so don't play this off as a party issue.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:41 AM
reno96teg

the filibuster isn't the issue, because it won't be an issue. it clearly won't happen, and they know it. it's just political posturing for those two.

what i'm venting about is how useless kerry (and kennedy) is for this state.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Hambone

I think that if a Senator/Representative/Governor is going to run for President, they should step down from their elected position.

Kerry & Kennedy are the biggest Massholes ever. :down:
Old 01-27-2006, 10:52 AM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by Hambone
I think that if a Senator/Representative/Governor is going to run for President, they should step down from their elected position.
Why?

I think the reason you think they are useless is because they are liberal. In the same way, I think that the governor, legislator, and pretty much all the local governments in Ohio are complete crap. Well, they are very conservative.

Although, Taft (governor) was rated the 3rd worst governor of all time by Time. He has something like a 13% approval rating, which is pretty much his family and SOME of his friends...So it's not just me. Plus the Republicans are going through a whole corruption thing here, just like everywhere else. Oh, and they continually cut education spending, ignoring the Ohio Supreme Court's continual rulings about improving education here.

Blah, ranting. Sorry.

EDIT: Spelled 'whole' wrong...

Last edited by MellowGold; 01-27-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:42 AM
reno96teg

dude, kennedy and kerry have done jack and shit for the state of massachusetts. hell, it's obvious that kerry doesn't even care about this place. he's never here doing anything anyway. he's still too busy running for president.

and need i mention this disaster?
http://www.taxpayer.net/TCS/wastebas...on/4-12-00.htm

and mind you, that article is about 6 years old, so all of the ridiculous developments since aren't covered. why heads haven't rolled for this one, i don't know, except that some people must have friends in high places.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:31 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Kerry does absolutely nothing for Mass. Atleast Kennedy is a strong supporter of rights for the elderly. Other than that he is a complete waste too.

How about AG Reilly thinking he can run for Governor after the phone call he made to his buddy Conti in Worcester to not release the BAC levels of those two sisters that died last fall effectively squashing that case. Or the fact that he supported and openly campaigned for giving illegal alliens in-state tuition for Mass. Colleges and Universities when 90% of the people in Mass. said NO!

Mass. has some of the worst politicians from Menino, to Reilly, to Kerry, to Kennedy...and their state legislature is abismal not letting what people vote for become laws and then the state supreme court creates their own laws in defiance of the state constitution. No wonder people are leaving Mass. It just sucks they are coming to NH.

BTW, the one good thing about Mass. is I get to listen to Howie Carr on the way home. The Mumbles Menino and the Wizard of Uhhs (a play on how Kennedy says "uhh" all the time) are absolutely hillarious.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:28 AM
AcuraFanatic

Yep, I can vouch that Kerry is a douchebag too.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:43 AM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

kerry and ted are garbage!!! "I live in cali and I know that" but what are you guys doing about it... find a candidate like I did and volunteer.... I swing to the right on some issues and to the left on others but one thing is for sure we need to get some of these gang members out of office

Last edited by hitman619; 01-29-2006 at 07:26 PM.