Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Infiniti getting version of Pathfinder Armada

Old 09-02-2003, 05:41 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by asianautica
The Altima is doing quite nicely in sales. Much better than how it used to do. 17k-19k in sales a month isn't bad. They not selling everyone they make, but it's pretty evenly flow. The new Maxima is doing quite well too. It's selling about 8k-9k a month. Even when the Maxima is more pricy than it used to be, the sales # are not sagging. They're producing as much as they could, so I'm sure if they can produce more, it would probably sell more. Nissan does have the most efficient plant out there.

The G35 coupe is actually selling better than the G35 sedan, so they're making and importing it as fast as they could. It's not limited by any mean. Just very high demand. In any high production car, you'll always see a good amount of selection on the lot. It doesn't mean that it's not selling well though.

98CoupeV6, all the model you listed that's not doing well are "old" models. And I agree. All the new redesigned Nissan are selling quite well.
I would not say that the Altima is selling "great."

The Q45 is an old model? The M45 is an old model? So I guess the RSX is an old model too?

I was gonna argue with you, but you have no point. You're just trying to argue. Integraz said people are "gobbling up" Nissans, which they are not.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:40 AM
04 Acura TSX
DOHC iVTEC Power!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In general, I think Nissans are getting uglier.....look at the new Maxima and Pathfinder Armada, and now the QX56...ugh! :ugh: :barf:

The only cars I like from Nissan are the G35s, 350Z, and Altimas, but other than that I wouldn't want anything from them no more. Oh and the interiors look cheap like crap!h:
Old 09-02-2003, 01:37 PM
asianautica

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
I would not say that the Altima is selling "great."

The Q45 is an old model? The M45 is an old model? So I guess the RSX is an old model too?

I was gonna argue with you, but you have no point. You're just trying to argue. Integraz said people are "gobbling up" Nissans, which they are not.
I never said the Altima is selling great. They're selling OK. Not at the level of Accord or Camry, but they can't produce at that level anyways.

The Q45 is not that old. It's not selling well because no one want to buy a 55k Infiniti. Infiniti doesn't have the prestige. The M45 is old. If you do a little research on it, it's based of a JDM car that's around 6 yrs. old. They're just bringing it hear as a "place holder" pretty much. Rumor has it that it's being redesign already with a stretched G35 platform.

Why doesn't everything has to be an argument? Can we both just debate and state our opinion without it being cosider an argument? You're right, people are not "Gobbling Up" Nissan, but the new redesigned Nissan/Infiniti are selling quite well, MUCH BETTER than the older models.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Dorikin
530i

The M45 is old. If you do a little research on it, it's based of a JDM car that's around 6 yrs. old. They're just bringing it hear as a "place holder" pretty much. Rumor has it that it's being redesign already with a stretched G35 platform.

:werd:

M45=JDM Gloria=JDM Ford Crown Vic.

That is a car only a JDM maniac, and an old man would buy. Its too bad, cuz its pretty nice :happysad:
Old 09-02-2003, 02:54 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

The M45 interior looks nothing at all like the Gloria--for the U.S. market they made a mini-Q45 dash. This is kind of a dinky picture of the Gloria's interior but you get the idea:

The top motor in the Gloria is a VQ30DET making "280 ps" and stuck to a CVT transmission internally similar to the one on the Murano but set up for longitudinal mounting. You can also get an all-wheel drive version with a 250 hp version of the RB25DET which comes with only a traditional automatic.

Oh and the whole "musclecar with brains" ad campaign was freakin retarded.

As for the Q45 when fully loaded up it stickers for a hair over 62 grand. That's about $7k less than a full-boat LS430 and with almost identical equipment levels. Something about it though just doesn't seem so great, even for the price. Not that I would buy an LS430 either but plenty of old folks have no qualms with dropping $60-70 large on one. Of course either car when fully loaded is still cheaper than the $73k base price of an S430.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:17 PM
asianautica

MrFatBooty, you're right, the power train is different between the M45 and the Gloria. However, the platform and the exterior are the same/similar. All they did is take the Gloria, stick Q45 engine and interior in it, and you have a M45. Cheap for them and get them in the market until they redesign both the Gloria and the M45.

I agree with you, the whole "musclecar with brain" is one of the most stupidest idea i've seen considering people who buy those cars want class, not muscle.

The Q45 will continue to sell poorly unless the image of Infiniti move up in class. People who buy those kinds of cars care alot about the nameplate and the prestige that it brings along w/ the car.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:55 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

ok, so people aren't gobbling them up as i said. i was just talking out of my ass since on 'other boards' people are talking about how great this or that car is blah blah. i've seen plenty of z's, altimas, maximas, g35 sedan and coupes, and a few fx's running around where i live.

The G35 coupe is actually selling better than the G35 sedan,
:thumbup:
coupe > sedan
Old 09-03-2003, 02:44 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

The M45 is old. If you do a little research on it, it's based of a JDM car that's around 6 yrs. old. They're just bringing it hear as a "place holder" pretty much.
Gee, I had no idea It's a new Infiniti model, it doesn't matter how long its been to market in Japan. Nissan took a chance and failed.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:52 PM
asianautica

what makes it a failure. Very little R&D $$ was put into it. So any car they sell is profit in their pocket. Since it uses Q45 technology in the interior, it also help pay off the R&D for the Q45 as well. So, in my view, it's the best way to help pay off the R&D cost of the Q45 (since it was a sale failure). Last month, it sells about 550 cars, so it's not too bad in my eyes.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:49 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail