Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Acura To Offer Factory Performance Package for RSX Type-S

Old 07-12-2002, 12:24 PM
yianni64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DakarM

Toyota calls it Action package. It's aero kit only:
Includes aggressive front bumper, side rocker panels, rear aero bumper and extreme rear spoiler.

Cost : $1590 MSRP
Yeah, its their OEM body kit. I acutally prefer it over jsut about any aftermarkter kit, same with the RSX-S.

Now, Toyota does offer some TRD stuff for the Celica. And along with the aero package, I think it comes near to Acura's $4,800 asking price.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:42 PM
The Apple

Acura didn't quite get that right. This is the Factory Performance Package:

Why can't they just sell the damn thing here? I mean the Type R doesn't even cost $4,800 more then a Type-S, hell does it even cost that much more then the base model?

Last edited by The Apple; 07-12-2002 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2002, 07:02 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by The Apple
Acura didn't quite get that right. This is the Factory Performance Package:

LOL. they are so dumb. would that extra 20hp and what not have been impossble to seel or something?
Old 07-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Young Ha
HoLLa at me, H-Q-D

Fcuk that!! I'd rather spend the extra money and get an Acura CL. Its around the same price once you add up the package with the msrp of the RSX. My opinion is that it's a waste of money. Yes it is nice to see acura hooking us up but the package is way too exspensive. Good luck to who ever is going to purchuse the RSX w/ the package.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:20 PM
Young Ha
HoLLa at me, H-Q-D

Originally posted by AnthonyCCORD
I wonder how this will compare to Celica's sport package.
You can't compare the RSX with the Celica package. The Celica just gets the cosmetic looks for its exterior. The RSX gets way more. I'm a toyota rep in the process of learning much more.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:53 AM
BonzoAPD

For 4800 they should have some type of engine mod too. Like a cai and exhaust atleast added to the cosmetic and suspension upgrades. Not worth it to me for those small upgrades.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:50 AM
Nity4Accord

ur31337 quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Tirod-[EJ]
they tack on 4800 but don't take away the price for the stock parts... wheels, shocks/springs, brake parts, etc.... not worth it...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very good point...

Originally posted by DakarM

unless they give you back the stock parts?

but i doubt it.

also does the price include paint, etc and installation? if not it blows even bigger clunks. if it does include it then it makes th 4800 seems alot better
I think u've misunderstood them... for them to take away those stock parts and upgrading them costs too much everyone agrees that. If they come up with an idea to offer rebates on those original parts, or if they do a price deduction on the new parts... because why would someone spend 5k on something you can get aftermarket performance parts for on a package like that? So it would be a good thing if they deduct a good amount out of the new parts from the origi. ones since the origi. ones are completely new. NOT TO GIVE BACK THE original package parts!!!
I figure...nobody would want to upgrade to the sport package for 5k and stack up the original package stock parts in their garage!?
Rebate, special financing option due to package, or a good amount of price deducted from MSPR upgrade package price will be very attractive to new, young buyers. Just my opinion. Tell me, if MSPR of $4800 for package upgrade consists of a rebate of $2400 that I will get back in a year, (with that rebate $$ that Acura keeps for a year interest free...they'd be as happy as we are getting that rebate back in a year...), 'n upgrading also keeps me from the warranty, why in the hell wouldn't I do it? Drool... if that's ever gonna be true... lol
Old 07-23-2002, 01:52 AM
Nity4Accord

BTW, i say that $2400 rebate and rebate period is one year are assumptions. yes, yes... my imagination...but I meant if that's it then it would be great. Just thinking for their market and for us consumers...Just want to make a note of it...some ppl can't read...
Old 07-23-2002, 07:12 AM
yianni64

I just read they are going to only offer 1000 of these packages.
Old 07-28-2002, 12:47 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Idiots will buy them, you all know that. This is just a preclusion for a Type-R. Have any of you given thought to this being an oppurtunity for Honda to test the waters to see if a Type-R would sell well?? After all, if 1k of these things go, 4k Type-R's can go easily.

Quick Reply: Acura To Offer Factory Performance Package for RSX Type-S