Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

'05 BMW 3-series & '06 4-Series

Old 07-02-2003, 12:54 PM
asianautica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think BMW design is still evolutionary instead of revolutionary. I think all the new BMW looks very good and sleek. The sales # shows that many people feel the same way.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Dorikin
530i

Oh god, the 850CSI was a FREAKIN beast.

For some reason, I cant accept the new 5 either.

Before getting the E39 530i, I told my dad to hang on, and see if we could hold out for a E60. Since theres already a waiting list, we got the E39. What a good choice.

After owning(and driving) the 530i, the new one seems like a bastard child, or a kid who comes home from the summer, all peirced and tatooed to be shocking, but looks rediculous
Old 07-02-2003, 01:17 PM
DakarM

Originally posted by asianautica
I think BMW design is still evolutionary instead of revolutionary. I think all the new BMW looks very good and sleek. The sales # shows that many people feel the same way.

sales # still show that the E65/66 is still behind the MB S class.

Also they are still selling more E65/66 than the Z4.

The new E60 is better than what I feared and expect that to do well.

not sure about he new 3 and 4 series.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:53 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Looks like a bad photochop to me, I'll wait a while until we see some more credible pictures.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:39 PM
04 Acura TSX
DOHC iVTEC Power!

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
Looks like a bad photochop to me, I'll wait a while until we see some more credible pictures.
it could be photoshopped, but i dont know for sure. :dunno:

however, seeing what BMW has been coming out with these past few years I dont think I would want to buy any of their cars. The current 3 series are nice, but that "supposed" new 3 series looks a little bland if not ugly!

bye bye 330ci, hello, Mercedes and Lexus!h:
Old 07-10-2003, 02:18 PM
tony
XBL: HotMilkGT // HAN H14

Originally posted by evolution
Anymore pix?

I really want a e46 right now, but since it is already 03 and 04....the new 3-series should be out too soon right?

Is 2006 the projected date, or could it happen sooner? h:
2006 would be the V8 M3/4
Old 07-10-2003, 06:27 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

You know the catch 22 of Bangle's ethnic cleansing is? These new BMW's are going to perform like a dream. The best handling cars on the planet beset with such polarizing, in-your-face style never was BMW..... it was always best handling with clasic, refined, and understated style. You used to believe that the design department and the engineering department actually talked to each other so the look would mirror the performance and vice-versa. Now, the performance looks at the design and just screams!
Old 07-17-2003, 11:21 PM
velfarretokyo

Autospies has a new picture of the upcoming 3-series. Obviously a photoshop, it combines the new X3 taillights with an updated body style. I would venture to say that the 3-series will look something like that when it comes out. The pic is here:

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e...e000168265.cfm
Old 07-18-2003, 06:11 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by fastball
You know the catch 22 of Bangle's ethnic cleansing is? These new BMW's are going to perform like a dream. The best handling cars on the planet beset with such polarizing, in-your-face style never was BMW..... it was always best handling with clasic, refined, and understated style. You used to believe that the design department and the engineering department actually talked to each other so the look would mirror the performance and vice-versa. Now, the performance looks at the design and just screams!
:werd:

New 5 is supposedly better than the old, and the E39 was "the best sedan in the world" according the some magazines
Old 07-19-2003, 08:09 PM
mayonaise

Originally posted by iNteGraz92
what do they call this type of design? flaming edge? flaming ugly? :chuckles:
that huge curve kills the side profile
flaming homosexual :ghey:

seriously, tho. there is something about the "flame" concept that bangle is obsessed with. i hate it. the back looks like shit, so far. the front is ok, better than the new 6, 5, and 7. but still nowhere near as good as the current 3 series.

controversial, yeah, definately. but i think bangle is doing that to get more people to recognize his name. he couldn't give two shits about BMW's reputation. after the widespread digust over the new 7 series, and bangles "if you don't like it, **** off" attitude about it, BMW did tighten the leash on bangle. but not enough. in fact i think they can never control him enough, the only solution is to get rid of him.