Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

TCC TL Spy Pics

Old 06-30-2003, 02:51 PM
rb6teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just for reference, here is a picture of the concept rear end:

I think they really improved the production rear......the concept was too plain. It looks like they added a line in the rear bumper, and extended the taillights into the trunk. I'm not sure what I think about the lights extending into the trunk, I'll just have to wait and see it without the covering.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:54 PM
rb6teg

Originally posted by ben1233

And much to my dissapointment, I don't see that strong character line running from front to back, which also incorporates the turn signals. That was one of my favorite parts about the concept.
If you look close, you can definitely see that line there.....it looks like they filled it, or taped over it to cover it up. You can see the front and rear sidemarkers....they're still there, only covered with black tape, just like the character line.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:26 PM
qtiger

I love the exhaust.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:48 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think those are 225 or 235 series tires?
Old 06-30-2003, 05:17 PM
ben1233

Originally posted by rb6teg
If you look close, you can definitely see that line there.....it looks like they filled it, or taped over it to cover it up. You can see the front and rear sidemarkers....they're still there, only covered with black tape, just like the character line.
Yeah, I guess I can see it now. Awesome dude! I can't wait to see this baby in person. Won't be long and we'll hear about the specs!
Old 06-30-2003, 05:46 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

I'm really diggin the more aggressive stance. Imagine seeing that bearing down on you in your rear view mirror..... I sure would get out of the way! I would hope there would be a six speed manual tranny option with the demise of the CL-S. I hope Acura holds a certain edge on performance, and doesn't turn into Lexus.

Ohio Bicentennial Tags, too! :thumbup:
Old 06-30-2003, 06:01 PM
mayonaise

Originally posted by ben1233
And much to my dissapointment, I don't see that strong character line running from front to back, which also incorporates the turn signals. That was one of my favorite parts about the concept. Also, does anyone see turn signals in the mirrors? I don't.
Originally posted by mayonaise

i think they tried to mask the crease going from the front sidemarker to the rear sidemarker in the concept. so it looks pretty weird in the spy shot
Old 06-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Tirod

it better be rwd or awd...
Old 06-30-2003, 06:20 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tirod˛slc
it better be rwd or awd...
It won't be the former, so you better hope that the dark thing infront of the gas tank is a rear center diff.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:29 PM
velfarretokyo

Honda doesn't have, at least to my knowledge, a RWD platform that could support the TL's architecture, so I'd rule that out almost immediately.

As for looks, the car is definately much more aggresive and stylish than the previous generation, so big ups to Honda/Acura on that. I think the family look thing is really in these days, it gives the brand a better image, and looking like the TSX is no bad thing. However, I'm glad they really differentiated it in the rear, because the concept pics look way too close to a TSX. Also, those exhaust pipes are straight off a Pontiac - so they have to go. I think a quad pipe, like the M3 and Maxima would make the car look really good. If not on the base version, then at least on the Type-S model.