Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK Cabriolet

Old 12-16-2002, 03:08 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2004 CLK Cabriolet spy shots

------------------

Nothing shocking here. Beautiful car using the typical MB styling that's been used (overused?) as of late. Kind of odd they don't use a retractable hardtop

- Chris
Old 12-16-2002, 04:01 PM
yianni64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer the look of the coupe. and since the coupe is pillarless anyways, i bet this took minimal engineering.

as for the look being overused, maybe. But MB has a family look that is stronger than any other brand, even BMW at this point. Over the past few years the styling has been nothing short of brilliant on every MB car, except the A-Class and the rear of the C-Coupe. And well the G500 doesnt count. You get my point though.

As for no folding hardtop, I think theyll want to leave that for the more expensive CL covritble that is rumored to come. I mean, if this had one there wouldnt be much reason to spend the extra 30k or whatever for the CL.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:03 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

It's pretty hard to make a 4-seater with a retractable hardtop. That last pic is a horrible photoshop job also.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:10 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
It's pretty hard to make a 4-seater with a retractable hardtop. That last pic is a horrible photoshop job also.
thats why it seems like since the CL is on the S class frame, itll be easier to have 4 seats and a hardtop?
Old 12-16-2002, 04:12 PM
whatever7

They really use the SL look way too much. At least let the SL have 2 year exclusive before triggle down to other models.

I hope they won't do that to the SLK, it's one of my favorite designs. It looks really more luxurious than its price tag.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:24 PM
rick
not noob?

i prefer the new E-class over the clk coupe or droptop.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:33 PM
j-bloc

I don't know, but the current mercdes deign theme is getting played out, and rather quickly as well may i add....f U c K-ing MB and BMW are the only manufaturers in the damn world who can style each of their cars so similarly that sometimes u can't distinguish them from each other, but gets aways w/it and laughs all the way 2 the bank....if honda/acura did this as extensively as the germans, we would nvr jhear the end of it from the automotive press :angry:
Old 12-16-2002, 04:36 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by j-bloc
I don't know, but the current mercdes deign theme is getting played out, and rather quickly as well may i add....f U c K-ing MB and BMW are the only manufaturers in the damn world who can style each of their cars so similarly that sometimes u can't distinguish them from each other, but gets aways w/it and laughs all the way 2 the bank....if honda/acura did this as extensively as the germans, we would nvr jhear the end of it from the automotive press :angry:
I don't mind BMW cars, they have a low key family resemblance. But the CL, C, C Coupe, and CLK have the same damn front end! And they all have the same ass end!
Old 12-16-2002, 04:46 PM
yianni64

It's a great idea. You want the guy with the low end model to feel like the guy with the top of the line one.

Anyways, Acura has a pretty nice family look going. The pentagon grill or what not, i think most people know an acura when they see one.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:17 PM
AcuraFanatic

Looks good. The Mercedes-Benz tail lamp styling is becoming overused and generic though. I better not complain too loudly though, otherwise they'll pull a Chris Bangle.