Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.
View Poll Results: Which $25,000 Sporting Family Sedan Would You Choose?
Dodge Stratus R/T
0%
Honda Accord Sedan EX-V6
42.86%
Mazda 6 S V6
23.81%
Mitsubishi Galant GTZ
2.38%
Nissan Altima 3.5SE
16.67%
Subaru Legacy GT
0%
Toyota Camry SE
0%
Volkswagen Jetta GLE VR6
4.76%
Volkswagen Passat 1.8T
0%
Other (Please Specify)
9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

HAN COTW 11.23 - 11.30: 2003 Mazda 6- UPDATED!

Old 11-24-2002, 04:22 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by fastball
I wasn't reluctant to agree on the car, I was reluctant to agree on a car that wasn't on the list. It seems like TSX talk isn't as hot as it should be. I totally agree with you in regards to the car.

AcuraFanatic -- Can you change my vote to other (or revamp the list to include the TSX)?
You know I'm a moderator too :fawk:

I hate the 'Other' choice with a passion. But this was worth it. I'll put you down as other, but I dunno if we can include the TSX in the vote since we really don't know its final specifications yet.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:39 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened to limiting the choices to "production models" eh? The TSX hasn't even been officially confirmed by Acura (I mean, I know I've personally talked to a freakin Honda engineer about the damn thing but anyway...) and it's definitely not on sale. So how does it fit in here at all?

I remember something like this happened with some other COTW, I forget which one. It ended with a particular individual who wanted to limit the choices to current production models deleting posts and complaining that people weren't voting like they were "supposed" to. So now when those certain individuals want to pick an essentially nonexistant car, they try to squeak it in.

:thumbdown
Old 11-24-2002, 05:57 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
What happened to limiting the choices to "production models" eh? The TSX hasn't even been officially confirmed by Acura (I mean, I know I've personally talked to a freakin Honda engineer about the damn thing but anyway...) and it's definitely not on sale. So how does it fit in here at all?

I remember something like this happened with some other COTW, I forget which one. It ended with a particular individual who wanted to limit the choices to current production models deleting posts and complaining that people weren't voting like they were "supposed" to. So now when those certain individuals want to pick an essentially nonexistant car, they try to squeak it in.

:thumbdown
The TSX will fall directly into this category when it is introduced shortly before the new TL.

I deleted your post in that COTW (I think it was the Boxster?) because the thread was getting messy and off topic and we had already agreed to disagree. I deleted posts from me and you. But you were talking about taking a Miata and modifying it with the extra money, or something like that. I don't see what's so wrong with saying that I'd rather wait till spring and get the TSX.

I'd say it's alright to allow a future Honda model in, since we'd had several threads on it and alot of people are interested in it. The key word is 'class'. I said you have to pick cars within the 'class', not production cars. It's a bit unfair to say on a Ferrari Enzo Ferrari COTW that you'd buy a Honda Civic, 2 houses, and a whore. You wanna get into symantics, go right ahead.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:06 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by MrFatBooty

big deal man. who cares, dont take this ish so seriously.

lets see, the TSX is coming, and nothing 98CoupeV6 said was wrong. he just stated his opinion.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:14 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Whoever voted for the Altima, SPEAK UP NOW! :fawk:
Old 11-25-2002, 08:15 AM
asianautica

It's funny how you guys are talking about rather having the TSX in comparison to production car. If you're talking about waiting, then I rather wait for the Masdaspeed version of the 6 which has AWD, 280HP and a sportier suspension. We can go on for ever saying well, we could wait X-amount of months for another car and it'll never end.

My vote is for the 6 for it's sporty characteristic and its exterior and interior.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:21 AM
yianni64

Originally posted by asianautica
It's funny how you guys are talking about rather having the TSX in comparison to production car. If you're talking about waiting, then I rather wait for the Masdaspeed version of the 6 which has AWD, 280HP and a sportier suspension. We can go on for ever saying well, we could wait X-amount of months for another car and it'll never end.

My vote is for the 6 for it's sporty characteristic and its exterior and interior.
Theres a difference smart guy. The TSX is coming soon. The MazdaSpeed 6 you talk about is a concept. See a difference? It's pretty clear to me.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:41 PM
97teg

I saw the 6 at the sf auto show and I really love the styling. I thought the interior was nice but not sure about the red gauges for long term driving. They look more yellow in that pic. Overall I was very impressed with the 6.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:44 PM
KV_
Shift_for yourself

Accord looks like a S2000 and Saturn L series fornicated, and had a ugly ass baby.

But i guess thats why the say its whats on the inside that counts(nice interior)

Vote 6, Runner up Alt
Old 11-27-2002, 12:17 PM
RavenLude

1. Accord EX V-6
2. Mazda 6 S
3. Altima 3.5 SE
I wouldn't even think of wasting my money on the others.

Even though the 6 is offered in a stick and imo, has a more attractive exterior; the Accord still wins based on the bigger engine, better suspension, more notorious reliability, probably better safety results, better fit and finish, and of course a higher residual value.