Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Honda Announces Element Pricing/For-Sale Date

Old 11-13-2002, 11:29 AM
Adröck
www.adamepp.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Announces Element Pricing

Motor Trend
Honda's head-turning Element sport/utility vehicle goes on sale Dec. 19, 2002, with manufacturer suggested retail prices starting at just $16,100 for the entry-level Element DX front-wheel drive model, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today.

The unique Element bundles together features of a pickup truck, SUV, and van in an affordable machine derived from the current generation CR-V. Innovative features on all models include center opening side cargo doors, a flat floor with dirt and water-resistant urethane coating, and highly versatile seating that can be folded flat, to the sides, or removed entirely.

"A key to the Element's wide appeal is its versatility and functionality," said Tom Elliott, executive vice president of American Honda. Element will be available in DX and EX trim levels with either front-wheel drive or Real Time 4WD. Both models will be available with a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission. A 2.4-liter/160-horsepower four-cylinder engine with i-VTEC "intelligent" variable valve control will power all models. The front-wheel drive Element DX with a five-speed manual transmission has a MSRP of $16,100. With the automatic trans, it will be priced at $16,900. The Element DX equipped with Real Time 4WD and automatic transmission will have a MSRP of $18,300.

Element DX models include:
· Power front windows with driver auto down/up feature
· Tilt steering wheel
· Power door locks
· Dual-stage front airbags
· P215/70R16 99(S) tires, 16-inch styled steel wheels
· Multi-adjustable seating (more than 65 positions)
· Waterproof seat fabric for front seats
· Urethane-coated flat utility floor for durability and easy cleaning
· Front 12-volt accessory outlet

The fully loaded EX models start at $18,650 for a front-wheel drive version when equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission, $19,450 with an automatic. The EX version with Real Time 4WD will be priced at $20,850.

EX models include:
· Air conditioning
· Anti-lock brakes with electronic brake control
· 16 inch alloy wheels with P215/70R16 99(S) tires
· Cruise control
· Power mirrors
· 270-watt AM/FM/CD unit with 7-speakers including a subwoofer
MP3/Digital auxiliary jack
· Driver armrest
· Front and rear seat waterproof fabric
· Rear accessory outlets

All Real Time 4WD models will be equipped with a removable rear skylight with tilt feature. A five-speed manual transmission for 4WD models will be available in spring, 2003.

---
This Should be an exciting vehicle i think....i am intersted in one! I sat in one at the SEMA show, and the interior has great style, fit, finish and size.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:45 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good post. Price seems to be on target with competitors. I definetly like it...saw it at NYIAS last year but couldn't sit in it. I'll have to take a drive down to my dealer to check it out in December :thumbup:
Old 11-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Troopa-R

So far, I've been pretty impressed with the Element, versatility wise, but have been wondering how Honda was gonna price the thing. Nice to see all prices under $20K, considering the target market. Biggest faux pas still the DX model lacking an A/C, but whatever.

Active young guys and lesbians with mullets have their new car right here.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:58 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by Eternal RSXness
So far, I've been pretty impressed with the Element, versatility wise, but have been wondering how Honda was gonna price the thing. Nice to see all prices under $20K, considering the target market. Biggest faux pas still the DX model lacking an A/C, but whatever.

Active young guys and lesbians with mullets have their new car right here.
ohhhhhh your gonna offend someone, this is gonna be funny..........

but yeah, any car w/o ac standard in this day and age is a joke. especially in the south.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:07 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

It is beginning to grow on me...the weird thing is the trim levels...DX and EX...why not LX and EX like the pilot...DX is meant for the most stripped down version Honda makes. But I guess when AC is not included in the base you can't get much more stripped down.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Adröck
www.adamepp.com

has anyone heard whether there'll be an option to get the plastic painted to match the body? Pontiac quickly added that feature after poor reaction to the grey plastic on the Vibe and Asstek. This application is a bit more or of a styling theme, and isn't too bad looking, but i think the option should be available....and not too expensive.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:57 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Adröck
has anyone heard whether there'll be an option to get the plastic painted to match the body? Pontiac quickly added that feature after poor reaction to the grey plastic on the Vibe and Asstek. This application is a bit more or of a styling theme, and isn't too bad looking, but i think the option should be available....and not too expensive.
The option will not be offered for now...but I betcha Honda will make it standard if the sales are lackluster (which I kinda doubt). I wish the CR-V had painted bumpers, they look sooo much better. Hopefully they'll get painted for mid-cycle.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:49 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

according to the review i read in a mag.. cant remember which one..... car and driver or something...

it said the DX has plain grey flat bumpers, and the EX gets a clear coating on them which gives it a better look. Although painted should be avail on a higher end model IMO.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:23 AM
s2ktonv

I think it will be a pretty hot seller, I already know 6 people that want one or at least thinking about gettin' one:dunno:
Old 11-19-2002, 11:44 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

my wife likes it...she considers it a neat alternative to the suv bombardment (she wanted an suv as her next car but I convinced here for the environment and safety to get a sedan...she's happy)...but when it comes time to consider a larger vehicle we'll probably consider it