Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2008 Scion lineup breaks cover: All-new xB, xD, facelift for tC.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 PM
nhatters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The xB looks like a Chevy HHR and Honda Element combination.
The xD looks like the Toyota Matrix.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Troopa-R

Originally Posted by lexusis350
yea, 4 speed manual matic? WEAK! I think it needs a 6 speed auto to compete.
Wait a second... Toyota's cheapest cars need 6 speed ATs to compete, and yet Honda can get away without a single 6 speed AT in their entire lineup? (Acura included) :shocked:
Old 02-11-2007, 07:24 AM
MtViewGuy88
Hopeful FIT owner

Originally Posted by lexusis350
6 speed to be class leading so their sales will increase. If they keep a 4 speed auto many people may not buy it. Also it would increase fuel economy and that is what many consumers want.
One of the saving graces of the US-market Honda Fit was the use of the excellent 5AT transmission, a modified version of the unit found on the Honda Civic. It has crisp, fast shifts and has a fairly high overdrive ratio for better freeway fuel economy.

I would love to see Toyota offer a 5AT on both the second-generation xB and the new xD in order to improve acceleration and improve freeway fuel economy.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:25 AM
ErichPryde

what the hell is your problem, lexusis? the scion lineup isn't meant to be expensive. I admired the older generation tC's up to a point- and if I didn't like hondas so much and I hadn't had the MONEY to buy a new Si, I probably would have started looking at new scions as an alternative. The fact is that things like 6 speed transmissions are EXPENSIVE, and the scion seems to be making cars that, although classy, just aren't quite as expensive as the competition.

I don't like the xB and I don't like the element. I'm sure that people who like the element will like the new xB, especially if brand loyalty wasn't an issue.

I do like the new tC, however. the tailight design is interesting. unique looking. I'm sure it will sell as well as the previous generation has, if not better considering more people will recognize the name.

plus, the xD on the right in this picture is crazy-cool looking.

Last edited by TheOtherDave™; 02-12-2007 at 07:41 AM. Reason: This isn't a chat room; collect your thoughts into a single post when possible.