Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

First Place: Honda Accord SE

Old 02-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Ochdx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AcuraFanatic
Toyotas build quality is going down the pooper. My 4Runner with 17K miles on it has rattles in the rear hatch that drive me bananas. 17,000 miles!!!
Agreed. I like the build quality of my 2nd gen GS interior over the 3rd gen GS interior.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:20 PM
angry sol

Toyotas build quality is going down the pooper. My 4Runner with 17K miles on it has rattles in the rear hatch that drive me bananas. 17,000 miles!!!
it's harder to maintain quality when you're the world's number 2 automaker, but you are right. i've had a couple customers complain about various minor problems on their tacomas and 4runners
Old 02-01-2007, 06:30 PM
lexusis350

Every car has issues. I also am having issues with my heat. It takes 5 mins to blow out hot air during 5 degree mornings. And melting ice takes a few mins too and is not instant.

If your car has issues, just trade it in quick. My uncle has a BMW X5 that leaks in the sunroof so he traded it in for a Rav4 since BMW cannot fix the problem.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

my "acura" feels and sounds like its going to explode when i hit vtakk.. your point? h:

rattles in every nook and crevice, all over the car.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:07 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by Samson
my "acura" feels and sounds like its going to explode when i hit vtakk.. your point? h:

rattles in every nook and crevice, all over the car.
Your car is also lowered. My buddy's RSX was tight as a drum til 73K then he threw suspension on it.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:36 AM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by lexusis350
Every car has issues. I also am having issues with my heat. It takes 5 mins to blow out hot air during 5 degree mornings. And melting ice takes a few mins too and is not instant.

If your car has issues, just trade it in quick. My uncle has a BMW X5 that leaks in the sunroof so he traded it in for a Rav4 since BMW cannot fix the problem.
Dude, do you realize that you're making yourself look like a retard? 99.9% of cars on the road will blow cold air until the engine warms up. Get yourself a remote starter and stop whining.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:29 AM
junior636

good comparison. right now the family car we have is a 2004 EX-L sedan, which i have to say has a great interior and still has a beautiful quiet ride and smooth transmission....

i love to see that the accord in its last year for the current model can still trounce on a few of the redesigns...this being said...other magazines wont place it as high....but its great to see it compete and still place.

im excited to see the outcome from the 2008 coupe concept....this will be my next car so i hope honda keeps the tradition going and makes another amazing trophy car.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:17 AM
lexusis350

Originally Posted by Ochdx
Dude, do you realize that you're making yourself look like a retard? 99.9% of cars on the road will blow cold air until the engine warms up. Get yourself a remote starter and stop whining.
remote staters cost money. I was just saying my car blows cold air every morning and the heat takes a while. In contrast, the Acura that my family has has almost instant heat. Even though it sits in the garage, it is still cold in there so there shouldn't be a difference.

Another problem I think my car has is ice takes a while to melt. It doesn't melt ice instantly when you press on the defogger button so I just scrape the ice off, very inconvenient. I wonder if Hondas have instant heat like Acuras.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:19 PM
AcuraFanatic

remote staters cost money. I was just saying my car blows cold air every morning and the heat takes a while. In contrast, the Acura that my family has has almost instant heat. Even though it sits in the garage, it is still cold in there so there shouldn't be a difference.

Another problem I think my car has is ice takes a while to melt. It doesn't melt ice instantly when you press on the defogger button so I just scrape the ice off, very inconvenient. I wonder if Hondas have instant heat like Acuras.
You're seriously the biggest idiot on the internet.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Ochdx

Have the Acura seat outside on cold snowy night... See how instant the heat and ice melt will be.