Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

C&D Article - Sensible Shoes (Rabbit, Civic, Corolla, Sentra, Elantra, 3s)

Old 11-15-2006, 11:36 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsaHonda
As long as the guages aren't in the middle of the dash, I can usually adjust pretty easily to the different layouts. I absolutely hate center mounted guages.

Totally agree. Why oh why hasn't Toyota gotten rid of those center gauges when they dumped the Echo and brought out the Yaris? The Yaris is a billion times better of a car than the Echo was, except for those stupid center gauges. I hate those.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:50 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastball
Totally agree. Why oh why hasn't Toyota gotten rid of those center gauges when they dumped the Echo and brought out the Yaris? The Yaris is a billion times better of a car than the Echo was, except for those stupid center gauges. I hate those.
it's because they can just make the dashes anywhere and have them sent to wherever they need to. theres no restrictions on weather the dash is LH or RHD
Old 11-16-2006, 10:46 AM
boltuprite

The civic sedans have been ugly since the last re-design as the tail-lights are hideous. Unfortauntaely the new design for 06 idid not address this.
The previous generation coupes were okay but rather bland. The new coupe is quite simply one of the most gorgeous designs I have ever seen. Love the short nose and hood that rakes right up into windshield and the back end looks like a Nissan Maxima.
Interior is bold and refreshing with a nice combination of trim materials used. It looks more expensive than it is. As to the guages, they are easy to find and read with all the info right in front of the driver.

IMHO the Civic is the best value in a coupe you can buy.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Samson
chris is the devil

the new sentra scored below the almost 5 yr old corolla FTL