Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

New Accord Less fun to drive?

Old 10-01-2002, 05:34 PM
JaydeeEmzOwnzYo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Accord Less fun to drive?

Is this true? Has anyone driven a EX V6 sedan? I just got finished reading an article saying the new accord has lost its "European driving feel", and that its no longer fun to drive. It also states the 5spd auto waites to downshift noticeably. Those are the only real cons in the article, everything else is ok. What do you guys think? Ill post the link to the article after a few responses.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:46 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Probably not as 'fun' to drive as the Altima and Passat because of the stiffer suspension on those. The Accord coupe might be more fun to drive than the sedan. But in all, its a hell of a lot more fun to drive than the bloaty Camry. :fawk:
Old 10-01-2002, 05:49 PM
JaydeeEmzOwnzYo

you didnt listen to what i said. i was refering to the previous model, not to any other car. :fawk: try reading the post before you try commenting
Old 10-01-2002, 05:53 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

What the hell are you talking about 'previous model'. You stated the new models, hence the 5spd auto. :slap: I took a test drive in the new Accord LXV6 sedan over the weekend. I had no complaints on it. Actually, the 5spd and engine was much smoother and quieter than my 98. The 5spd auto shifts just as good as the GM Hydra-matics.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:56 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Default Re: New Accord Less fun to drive?

Originally posted by JaydeeEmzOwnzYo
Is this true? Has anyone driven a EX V6 sedan? I just got finished reading an article saying the new accord has lost its "European driving feel", and that its no longer fun to drive. It also states the 5spd auto waites to downshift noticeably. Those are the only real cons in the article, everything else is ok. What do you guys think? Ill post the link to the article after a few responses.
where's the link?
Old 10-01-2002, 05:59 PM
JaydeeEmzOwnzYo

Originally posted by kazi
What the hell are you talking about 'previous model'. You stated the new models, hence the 5spd auto. :slap: I took a test drive in the new Accord LXV6 sedan over the weekend. I had no complaints on it. Actually, the 5spd and engine was much smoother and quieter than my 98. The 5spd auto shifts just as good as the GM Hydra-matics.
maybe you dont understand. I said in the topic: Less fun to drive, then i go on about its "lost" meaning from previous models(obvious). when did i say i was comparing to other models? i didnt.....
Old 10-01-2002, 06:01 PM
JaydeeEmzOwnzYo

Default Re: Re: New Accord Less fun to drive?

Originally posted by jaje
where's the link?
http://carpoint.msn.com/vip/jedlicka...=10588&src=vip

yes, and people might say, well he doesnt know anything, but he has driven the previous accord and has driven the new one as well, so it is irrelevant to state wether or not its credible. I guess its all based on personal opinion.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:03 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Originally posted by JaydeeEmzOwnzYo

maybe you dont understand. I said in the topic: Less fun to drive, then i go on about its "lost" meaning from previous models(obvious). when did i say i was comparing to other models? i didnt.....
How about I own a 6th gen, i compare mine to the new models. I say its fun enough, actually more fun with the extra power and smoother tranny. I use reference on where the "fun" factor is to get my point. Altima/Passat > Accord > Camry/Buick

Why are you so anal about it me using other cars as reference?
Old 10-01-2002, 07:18 PM
rb6teg

I just saw my very first 03 accord.....it was a navy blue EX with black leather, and I was extremely impressed.....it looks MUCH better than in pictures.....I think it will sell VERY well......
Old 10-01-2002, 11:10 PM
KV_
Shift_for yourself

Originally posted by rb6teg
I just saw my very first 03 accord.....it was a navy blue EX with black leather, and I was extremely impressed.....it looks MUCH better than in pictures.....I think it will sell VERY well......
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder(exterior :fawk: ) but
I guess it what is on the inside that counts :thumbup: