Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2007 Dodge Avenger

Old 09-04-2006, 10:27 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Dodge Avenger

Pretty f'ing ugly. Even by rental car standards.

FYI: This is replacing the Dodge Stratus.

Last edited by kazi; 09-05-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:31 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

it looks like a Ram and a Charger had forbidden sexual relations.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:55 AM
boltuprite

Originally Posted by e3NiNe
it looks like a Ram and a Charger had forbidden sexual relations.
ROFLMAO.

Yep, Another ugly car from Chrysler. What? did they fire the styling department?

Everything they put out lately has that same box look with a Dodge Ram grill. The Intrepids and Concordes were beautifully styled, (engineered like crap...like al Chryslers) but the new cars....ugh! The only car I have seen lately from Chrysler that looks any good is the new Challenger and that's only because they made it look like the original. I'm suprised they didn't try to stick a Dodge Ram grill on that too.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:09 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i don't think it looks too bad...it is just getting the Dodge look...i wonder if this is built off the Caliber platform as it looks very close to it in size...maybe it's just a Caliber Sedan

the avenger was a coupe before so switching to sedan with what look like rear suicide doors may not be a good idea...but who knows it might sell better than the 2 door version (the previous avenger was a piece of crap though)...i wonder if it has the Caliber drivetrain meaning 10 sec acceleration with the 2.4 liter engine and cvt transmission
Old 09-05-2006, 05:59 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

I like the look of it. Like jaje was saying, i guess would be that its gonna to run the Caliber drivetrain.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:03 AM
socalprelude

I like it, I personally feel Chrysler is the only American company that makes good looking vehicles. I still would rather light myself on fire than own one, but still...
Old 09-05-2006, 08:10 AM
boltuprite

Originally Posted by socalprelude
I like it, I personally feel Chrysler is the only American company that makes good looking vehicles. I still would rather light myself on fire than own one, but still...
take it from someone who owned 2 Chrysler products in the last 10 years. They build CRAP!. the only thing the merger with Daimler did was drag the quality of Mercedes into the gutter.

Can't agree with you about building good looking cars either. A few years ago, yes with the Intrepids, Sebrings and Concordes, but lately

300, looks like dodge Diplomat crashed head on into a RAm pick-up. Th pimps like it though.
Magnum, just a station wagon with a RAM front end
Charger, sedan version of Magnum
Caliber..same Dodge truck front end, rest of car is just plain F'ugly

As i mentioned, the only thing that looks like it might be nice is the upcoming Challenger
Old 09-05-2006, 08:31 AM
mayonaise

looks are subjective. dodge/chrylser has had a lot of success with the 300, charger, and magnum. so their styling is obviously appealing to someone. it makes sense for them to go with their big, bold attitude-driven design theme with this car, too. it might not work out, especially since this is supposed to be more of a plain old family sedan. the other cars mentioned have more of a niche market, so the weird styling actually works.

Originally Posted by jaje
the avenger was a coupe before so switching to sedan with what look like rear suicide doors may not be a good idea...
i don't think those are suicide doors, especially if this is going to replace the stratus. how would you open suicide doors with the handles at the back?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:57 AM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Originally Posted by jaje
i don't think it looks too bad...it is just getting the Dodge look...i wonder if this is built off the Caliber platform as it looks very close to it in size...maybe it's just a Caliber Sedan

the avenger was a coupe before so switching to sedan with what look like rear suicide doors may not be a good idea...but who knows it might sell better than the 2 door version (the previous avenger was a piece of crap though)...i wonder if it has the Caliber drivetrain meaning 10 sec acceleration with the 2.4 liter engine and cvt transmission
No, it's not built off the Caliber platform. Looks too long to be anyways and it's suppose to be Dodge's midsize sedan. Basically it's a Dodge Stratus using the Avenger name to keep inline with Dodge's new naming scheme for non-trucks/SUV/vans that all ends with "er", with the exception of the Magnum.

And wtf are you talking about rear suicide doors?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:58 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

pics not working.