Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2004 Cadillac SRX

Old 11-02-2002, 05:59 PM
yianni64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES
Ummm, no, the CTS can never try to be an M5. That's a joke. The HSV Commodore is a very different car than the CTS. I read that article myself and came away loving the Holden. But the CTS will never have the class that the M5 does inside, outside, whatever. No way. Not until they give it a nice interior...but the outside would still look like ass.
Yeah, pretty much. It might be able to match it in speed or handling, but theres a lot more that goes into a car.

Anyways 91 EX-R, the CTS-V would not go againt the 5. Come on man, dont let the size fool you. Even though it bigger than the 3, just as the Acura TL, they are all entry level luxury cars.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:44 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Looks like a Buick Rendezvous with a CTS front!
Old 11-03-2002, 04:17 AM
LuckyDog
AccordPower24

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
forgot to mention that the CTS is built on the same platform as the HSV Commodore.
This isn't true. The Catera and Commodore shared a common platform, which the Commodore continues to ride on (even though it has been heavily revised for 2003). The CTS rides on an all new state of the art RWD platform (called Sigma) that will be the basis of GM's luxury RWD vehicles. The Sigma platform is costly to build, so putting the next Commodore on the same platform would up the price. GM is looking into creating a cheaper RWD platform (and for that matter they could have one created) to go under the Commodore, Impala, Monte Carlo, perhaps Omega, and other cars that would be RWD but not luxury cars.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:57 AM
M.D.

2003 Navigator> 2003 Escalade
Old 11-19-2002, 02:59 AM
91 EX-R
Say Hi to the Bowtie

[QUOTE
Anyways 91 EX-R, the CTS-V would not go againt the 5. Come on man, dont let the size fool you. Even though it bigger than the 3, just as the Acura TL, they are all entry level luxury cars. [/B][/QUOTE]
Hey, i'm, just stating what GM qouted. I think a 405hp CTS would be nice, but by then the M% is supposed to have around 500. The looks thing is subjective, as I think the CTS is an attractive car.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:01 AM
91 EX-R
Say Hi to the Bowtie

Originally posted by LuckyDog
This isn't true. The Catera and Commodore shared a common platform, which the Commodore continues to ride on (even though it has been heavily revised for 2003). The CTS rides on an all new state of the art RWD platform (called Sigma) that will be the basis of GM's luxury RWD vehicles. The Sigma platform is costly to build, so putting the next Commodore on the same platform would up the price. GM is looking into creating a cheaper RWD platform (and for that matter they could have one created) to go under the Commodore, Impala, Monte Carlo, perhaps Omega, and other cars that would be RWD but not luxury cars.
Oh, but it is. The Sigma platform is NOT brand new, and is the Catera's platform. GM has been using the Sigma for a good while now.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:31 PM
yianni64

Oh, but it is. The Sigma platform is NOT brand new, and is the Catera's platform. GM has been using the Sigma for a good while now.
No. The Catera was built on the old Opel Omega platform. Someone doesnt know his greek letters very well......
Old 11-19-2002, 05:21 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I don't really know where the hell this went from talking about the SRX but whatever, here goes.

I will now make a logical argument based on fact. I am simply making a conclusion based on a progression of facts already advanced by others in this thread.

• The Catera and Commodore were the same car.
• The CTS is the US-market replacement for the Catera.
• A Commodore HSV is a hotted-up V8 version of the Commodore.
• A Commodore HSV compares well with the M5 especially considering price.

THEREFORE: The CTS V-series (i.e. a hotted-up V8 version) may be similar in execution to a Commodore HSV.

IF the CTS V-series turns out to be similar to the Commodore HSV, THEN it will compare well with the M5 especially considering price.

Thank you, and good night.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:45 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

:slap:

Like yianni and fatbooty said, the Cetera was built off the Opel Omega platform. The Holden Commodore and Monaro are basically the Opel Omega also.

The Sigma platform is all new and is the future of most of GM Cadillac's future model, starting with the CTS. The next Seville will use the Sigma platform. The Sigma and Cetera/Omega platform are totally different.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:15 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
I don't really know where the hell this went from talking about the SRX but whatever, here goes.

I will now make a logical argument based on fact. I am simply making a conclusion based on a progression of facts already advanced by others in this thread.

• The Catera and Commodore were the same car.
• The CTS is the US-market replacement for the Catera.
• A Commodore HSV is a hotted-up V8 version of the Commodore.
• A Commodore HSV compares well with the M5 especially considering price.

THEREFORE: The CTS V-series (i.e. a hotted-up V8 version) may be similar in execution to a Commodore HSV.

IF the CTS V-series turns out to be similar to the Commodore HSV, THEN it will compare well with the M5 especially considering price.

Thank you, and good night.
good try. but no.

Quick Reply: 2004 Cadillac SRX