Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

New Corolla delayed until 2008

Old 08-09-2006, 09:19 PM
MtViewGuy88
Hopeful FIT owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if Honda seriously considers converting part of their Marysville, OH production line now dedicated to the Accord to produce more Civics, along with more expansion of the Alliston, ON facility, too.

The upcoming Greensburg, IN plant will likely build mostly the next-generation Honda Fit, though some Honda Civic production could be done there, too.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:50 AM
boltuprite

Well personally, as I just was in the market for new wheels, my short list was Honda, Toyota. Bought a new Civic EX coupe because it was head and shoulders above the current Corolla and Matrix in design, features and technology.
Right now I think the Corollas are selling on reputation, but if people compared them head to head against the Civic, it's no contest as the Civic is way more car for the $$.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:32 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

I think Toyota delayed it b/c the new Civic scared them - enough so that they scrapped a new vehicle launch (if you recall Toyota had the redesign set up for this year but after the Civic's sales success [ but according to pipe smoker OHCdx failure ] Toyota made the announcement). The current Corrollas are selling as well as it is noted as they have a 50-60 day supply on lots (which is getting bad) and Corrolla's have some big incentives on them, plus Toyota supplys cars to fleets and the Corolla/Matrix is a popular car for that.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:33 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by MtViewGuy88
I wouldn't be surprised if Honda seriously considers converting part of their Marysville, OH production line now dedicated to the Accord to produce more Civics, along with more expansion of the Alliston, ON facility, too.

The upcoming Greensburg, IN plant will likely build mostly the next-generation Honda Fit, though some Honda Civic production could be done there, too.
Honda noted that this factory will be very flexible and be able to switch to making between the small platforms and midsize in less than a day (impossible feat 10-20 years ago).
Old 08-28-2006, 03:45 AM
boltuprite

Originally Posted by Ochdx
The new civic is already getting long in the tooth, its so increadibly fugly and cheaply built thats its sales will continually decline. I predict that next year civics sales will be -30/35% compared to 2005.

Back on subject - I think its not a bad decision for Toyota. While the Corolla is nothing exciting, it is a very decent car, and actually looks like a real car, unlike the new Civic, which looks like a soap box. And besides, Toyota just launched the Yaris, so if they release new Corolla now, it will steal some momentium from the Yaris.
Are you on crack?
The new Civic is one of the best built and freshest re-designs to ever come down the pipe.
How much is Toyota paying you to spout this garbage?
Old 08-28-2006, 06:40 AM
lexusis350

Toyota is not doing to well. Honda is eating up their sales. Honda sales has increased while Toyotas' are steady. The Civic is a much better car with more horsepower and better styling. The Corolla needs to be scrapped because nobody will want to buy one. If you ask anybody if they want to buy a Toyota or Honda, all people will say Honda.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:43 AM
ItsaHonda

Toyota is not doing to well. Honda is eating up their sales. Honda sales has increased while Toyotas' are steady. The Civic is a much better car with more horsepower and better styling. The Corolla needs to be scrapped because nobody will want to buy one. If you ask anybody if they want to buy a Toyota or Honda, all people will say Honda>>>>>

That is by far the most accurate and most intelligent thing anyone has EVER said on this forum. I agree 110%. Wow, someone who finally makes perfect sense! Your views, opinions and knowledge are simply incredible.