Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Car dealer sues Mercedes over faulty $1.7 million CLK-GTR

Old 07-25-2006, 05:17 AM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch...thats really sucks
Old 07-25-2006, 05:26 AM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by jaje
i completely agree with you...no car is perfect even almighty Toyota...i consistently choose a Honda b/c of its corporate culture and how engineers typically hold the very highest positions...i'd rather have my safety in the hands of them rather than accountants or PR people
Well, from my experience, my 95 Civic was utterly unreliable.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:58 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by Ochdx
Well, from my experience, my 95 Civic was utterly unreliable.
and i have personal buddies whose Toyotas were crap too...in fact my neighbor's 98 corolla is having problems left and right (CV joints, alternator, radio, power doors/windows) and his a/c just went out this weekend and its 90+ degree heat and he's waiting 2 weeks for his next paycheck to get it fixed

my other neighbor's had the infamous oil sludge problem on their camry which lead to a blown engine...at first the Toyota dealer told them b/c they didn't get oil chances every 3500 miles but instead had it done at 5k miles it was "user error & abuse" and thus the Toyota dealer told them to go stick it...even the their letter to Toyota was an outright denial (but they offered them a $500 bump in trade value for a new Toyota!)...it wasn't until they wrote a second letter and said they were trading in both their lexus rx300 and their camry (with a rebuilt engine paid out of their pocket) on a Honda product that Toyota covered the rebuild (took them 6 months)...so what did they do after Toyota covered it...they traded both in on a MDX and an Accord (they had great luck with Toyota but Toyota didn't stick behind their product and left them out to dry in the beginning)

my dad had his 94 Accord blow the oil seal at 80k miles leaving him dead on the side of the road...a recall was quickly issued for this problem...my dad wrote Honda and they asked for the receipts (including the full 90k service such as timing belt, water pump, etc. - it was time to do them then anyway)...Honda paid for everything...he now only owns Hondas (even just bought a harmony lawnmower)

my aunt had rust problems on her 88 accord lx and wrote Honda who paid a body shop to fix the problems and she's not had rust issues for the remaining 7 years of ownership before she bought a new civic

Honda makes mistakes and has quality issues (everyone does)...it's the support they give when there is a problem that sets them apart from the rest and has me as a committed lifetime customer...in fact my next car will be the Civic Si sedan and my wife will get a new RL when it's time to trade in the TSX
Old 07-25-2006, 11:15 AM
flyromeo3

..........but toyotas and camrys dont cost 1.7million.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Ochdx

I guess everyone has their horror stories with whatever cars... But one major advantage that Honda and Toyota have over most others, is that repair costs on these cars are usually low.