Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Acura tells dealers no more RSX for 2007 model year

Old 04-30-2006, 08:38 AM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But on that note, I do agree the RSX is getting long in the tooth and not needed anymore now the Si got a pretty nice model change and matched the current RSX's powertrain.

for a TSX coupe with the 2.3L turbo.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by kazi
Our underdog victor offers the worst 0-to-60 time (6.4 seconds), the slowest quarter-mile time (14.9 seconds), the skimpiest back seat, and the most lackluster autocross lap.
I personally think the RSX was a huge leap down from the Integra in every possible way - engine, suspension, sportiness, build quality and exterior design.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:14 AM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

the k series has way more potential than the b
Old 04-30-2006, 06:23 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

Just bring back the Prelude, and all us young guys can have fun again.
I'd hate to have to jump over from the Acura showroom, but apparently it's time.

A TSX or TL based coupe could be great.
I think the second-gen CL was an attractive car.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:09 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys are :loco: if you ask me.

i want to see a sub 45k luxury hardtop based on the s2k or upcoming replacement if there is one (it's due in 08')

a car like that could easily compete with the new upcoming mercedes SL coupe
Old 04-30-2006, 07:10 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by Ochdx
I personally think the RSX was a huge leap down from the Integra in every possible way - engine, suspension, sportiness, build quality and exterior design.
car and driver agrees completely, specifically:
- was one of the lowest and lightest cars (bad thing for sporty cars, you want lots of body roll and weight)
- car would oversteer with trail braking (you want lots of understeer to go fast fast like speedracer)
- skidpad numbers were highest of the group (you again want lots of plow and low numbers here)
- fit and finish where ranked the best by far (rsx is a substantial step down in build quality...here's the proof by it getting ranked so high)

here is how bad it is: "Around town, the RSX is so agile, so light on its feet, so neatly balanced, so crisp at step-off that we voted it Most Likely to Carve Traffic into Invisibly Thin Slices. Close your eyes, and the RSX Type-S is like driving a Honda S2000. Okay, so maybe you shouldn't close your eyes too long. Just long enough to sign a check for $24,240."

you are totally right that this car sucks donkey balls and c&d agrees!
Old 04-30-2006, 08:14 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

smart move to eliminate the rsx, but selling 2 SUVs when gas price is over $3? hhmmm.... wrong timing perhaps?
Old 04-30-2006, 08:55 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by DarkSideAccord
smart move to eliminate the rsx, but selling 2 SUVs when gas price is over $3? hhmmm.... wrong timing perhaps?
yeah, but one features a inline 4 with a turbocharger, and the other is a V6, they are hardly 10 mpg cars
Old 04-30-2006, 09:20 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

Honda is STILL the most fuel-efficient major automaker in the US as well as being an automaker that supports quite a number of two-door models.

My next car would probably be another Honda (66% chance), but there's that 33% chance I could do a Nissan. Again, I think the later part of this decade will be VERY competitive. Ford's going to lose big time market share, and Honda is not immune.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:51 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

the problem is that they are all hondas, the accord, the civic, the insight even. wheres the 2 door acura?

and the question still remains, will the MDX and RDX even sell?.... acura is doing alot of of tricky stuff and with the RL taking a nose dive and the TL (although being one of the nicer cars around) still needing to be brought up to par... i think acura is cutting loos one to many safety nets.

they are going to need a hot selling car and fast. it's sad to think that only 2 and a half years ago that we were looking at a killer TL and the promise of an AWD luxury sedan and now we are looking at an outdated FWD 4 door and an AWD flop.

lets just hope to god that the TSX keeps selling because with all these upgrades to other popular models from the competitors everything else in the lineup seems dated. i hope honda gets this turbocharger right too.