Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

No Civic Type-R

Old 10-03-2002, 11:41 AM
yianni64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by caylan
well if VW isn't bringing the Wolfsburg over here, then Honda should seize the opportunity to unleash the CTR. Rediculous that they have a booming hot hatch market over here & they deprive their biggest market of the CTR.
Good point but the R32 would cost somewhere around 10k more than a CTR would. It acutally expected Honda to bring the CTR over here with all 200hp intact and call it a Civic Si. Heck, with all this competition whooping its tail, I hope Honda does something about it. A 200hp K20 would be something alright.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:23 AM
asianautica

Originally posted by yianni64

Good point but the R32 would cost somewhere around 10k more than a CTR would. It acutally expected Honda to bring the CTR over here with all 200hp intact and call it a Civic Si. Heck, with all this competition whooping its tail, I hope Honda does something about it. A 200hp K20 would be something alright.
That's what I was hoping too. Sure in the past, there wasn't that much competition, so it's ok that they bring over the weaker car. But time has changed and all these competitors w/ 170-200HP, I'm surprised they didn't bring over the CTR as an Si or even call it the CTR and still keep the Si, kinda like SE-R and SE-R SpecV for Nissan. oh well, I guess that's their decision.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:24 AM
asianautica

i never said it was, i said sales of a S15 with the SR20VET would be great.
oh, ok. I totally agree then. 280HP w/ AWD sylvia, that that would rock.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:25 PM
yianni64

I jsut read in MotorTrend that Honda is going to bring a 200hp Sir(CTR) to the USA becuase of the increased competition. And itll be cheaper than a RSX-S.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:39 PM
asianautica

I jsut read in MotorTrend that Honda is going to bring a 200hp Sir(CTR) to the USA becuase of the increased competition. And itll be cheaper than a RSX-S.
I hope MT is correct because the current Si is pitiful. Just hope it'll be under $20k instead of $500 cheaper than the RSX-S, . Do you know when they said they'll bring it over?
Old 10-04-2002, 01:47 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by asianautica

I hope MT is correct because the current Si is pitiful. Just hope it'll be under $20k instead of $500 cheaper than the RSX-S, . Do you know when they said they'll bring it over?
They just said becuase of bad sales, becuase of competition, Acura okayed Honda to sell the higher power Civic.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:37 AM
caylan

Default Oh, & all hell will break loose if ...

FORD brings over the Focus RS. That is when Honda MUST reply or else!

The hot hatch market here is as booming as anywhere else in the world & yet Honda has always fail to recognize it.

How else would one explain the 1.8 GTI doing as well as the VR6 GTI's??!!

Anyhow Si-R would have a nice ring here. & if its true that the Acura boys gave the Civic division its blessing, then we owe them 1 for the future! Why not bring the RSX-R over also. Heck, it's a different demographic IMHO. Hot hatch & Hot coupe.

1 more thought, if they can squeeze the 3.2 CL-S engine into the RSX, then they'd have no problems having a 200 hp Si-R here.

Old 10-07-2002, 10:34 AM
yianni64

Default Re: Oh, & all hell will break loose if ...

1 more thought, if they can squeeze the 3.2 CL-S engine into the RSX, then they'd have no problems having a 200 hp Si-R here.

There's no way thatll be possible.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:08 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Oh, & all hell will break loose if ...

I sincerely hope you're joking in saying that they can put the J32 in the fricken Civic man.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:07 PM
caylan

Default & why not?

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES

I sincerely hope you're joking in saying that they can put the J32 in the fricken Civic man.
Er...why can't a J32 be fitted into the RSX?

I've seen other engines being shoehorned into smaller engine bays.

I know it's too bold a step for Honda...but I'm just pondering whatifs.

Maybe I am answering my own question here but I guess Honda has no history of competing in any horsepower race...

Quick Reply: No Civic Type-R