Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

'03 Accord Brochures Are out - What kinda Accord would you get?

Old 09-15-2002, 04:19 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by fastball

Did you take a test drive yet? I'd like to see what people think about the instrument illumination...... I think its the best, and according to the Coupe brochure, on the six speed model, the single mph increment markers will be orange instead of white .
I didn't but I sat in it and screwed around with it for 20 mins (it was a "sold" EX-V6 in the garage). The instruments are BEAUTIFUL....I loved it. I also loved the key with the unlock/lock on it. I coud go on and on...loved EVERYTHING except the un-covered cupholders and the door locks aren't flush with the door.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:26 PM
yianni64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES

I didn't but I sat in it and screwed around with it for 20 mins (it was a "sold" EX-V6 in the garage). The instruments are BEAUTIFUL....I loved it. I also loved the key with the unlock/lock on it. I coud go on and on...loved EVERYTHING except the un-covered cupholders and the door locks aren't flush with the door.
The ones on the 98-02 accords are covered..... very strange...
Old 09-15-2002, 04:32 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Funny how the door handles on the sedan are BMW-like, but the coupe will have standard run of the mill Honda door handles from the past 15 years. They must have an over stock of those and need to do something with it!
Old 09-15-2002, 04:34 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Funny how the door handles on the sedan are BMW-like, but the coupe will have standard run of the mill Honda door handles from the past 15 years. They must have an over stock of those and need to do something with it!
I think it's just to diffentiate the 2 better and give the Coupe sportier lines. Also, did you open/close the sedan's doors? Holy shit man, it was like hitting a pillow when I closed the door. What a feeling of solidity and quality.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:40 PM
yianni64

I think it's just to diffentiate the 2 better and give the Coupe sportier lines. Also, did you open/close the sedan's doors? Holy shit man, it was like hitting a pillow when I closed the door. What a feeling of solidity and quality.
And that WILL sell cars. The way the doors open/close is the easiest way for people to gauge the cars quality.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:51 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Yeah, those doors close tighter than a Catholic school girl! Even the hood and trunk are solid. I mean the tunk on the Accord closes more like a pillow than a Caddy's door!
Old 09-15-2002, 04:57 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Yeah, those doors close tighter than a Catholic school girl! Even the hood and trunk are solid. I mean the tunk on the Accord closes more like a pillow than a Caddy's door!
I know man. Did you pop the trunk? I walked around back and though I was gonna make an ass outta myself because I didn't pull up hard enough. I was amazed when I realized that the trunk only popped up a couple CM when you pull the release. I loved that. I hope the rain channeling is better...if it had been raining in my 6gen coupe, my whole damn trunk'd get wet when I opened the trunk.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:01 PM
fastball
A little chin music

I know man. Did you pop the trunk? I walked around back and though I was gonna make an ass outta myself because I didn't pull up hard enough. I was amazed when I realized that the trunk only popped up a couple CM when you pull the release. I loved that. I hope the rain channeling is better...if it had been raining in my 6gen coupe, my whole damn trunk'd get wet when I opened the trunk.
Yeah, I popped the trunk with the remote, and it sounds so LUXURIOUS when the solenoid and lock release..... even the hood is TIGHT. There's a good weighted balance on the deck lid, so when opening and closing you just pretty much need to give it a good tap.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:01 PM
rb6teg

so this new accord is leaps and bounds higher quality than the old one?
Old 09-15-2002, 05:02 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Originally posted by rb6teg
so this new accord is leaps and bounds higher quality than the old one?
LEAPS and BOUNDS

Quick Reply: '03 Accord Brochures Are out - What kinda Accord would you get?