Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Honda.com Build a 2003 Accord Sedan

Old 09-09-2002, 12:32 PM
THAT DAMN GOOD!
Me gusta sexo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda.com Build a 2003 Accord Sedan

whoohoo, see topic. It actually looks a bit better.

edit: and you can flip the car around and see the rear with a spoiler!
Old 09-09-2002, 02:06 PM
Honda/NissanFan

Okay I went to that site and built me (for grandma actually) a fully loaded Accord EX-L V6. Two things bother me:

1. Why is the LX V6 more in price than the EX-L I4??? I mean who would want a V6 so bad to turn down leather, sunroof, and more??

2. I thought the Accord was cheaper than the Altima, I WAS WRONG. A fully loaded Altima with every option cost $29,392.00, A fully loaded Accord with matching options cost $29,922.00. Not really much of a difference when you consider than the Accord comes with a 5spd auto and better gas mileage. An Accord with every available option will run you $33,704.00 (with NAVI and dealer installed options).

NOTE: I had to add foglights, 17" wheels, sides sills, sunroof deflector, door guard, spoiler, wood trim, auto dim mirrors, floor mats, cargo net, CD changer, and chrome tips to the Accord to make it close to the Altima in options.

SECOND NOTE: The Accord has 5spd included thus making it the better car, until you factor in the Altima has more torque, 5+hp, Xenon lights, and a power trunk release.

So tit for tat I rate them equal. But I am shocked to see the Accord close to the $30s. And really I think the Altima should be much cheaper due to the el cheapo interior (which has been updated) and widely used V6.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:49 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H/N fan, were you born stupid? Equally matched, the Accord weighs in at $28,545. It comes standard with a 6CD changer (8CD is trunk mounted), noone who buys the sedan will care about the ugly tips, the floormats are standard, those are just really good ones. Of course the EX-V6 with Navi is gonna be 28 grand, and if you're gonna add every freakin option in the book it'll be 30. The Accord is far superior to the Altima in every single way except style and driving excitement.

And I would rather have an LX-V6 than an EX-L. By far.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:08 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Originally posted by <s>Honda</s>/NissanFan
Okay I went to that site and built me (for grandma actually) a fully loaded Accord EX-L V6. Two things bother me:

1. Why is the LX V6 more in price than the EX-L I4??? I mean who would want a V6 so bad to turn down leather, sunroof, and more??
Please compare a Auto EX-L to a LX which is auto only. The price difference between the two is VERY similar to Nissan's difference betten the similarly equipped Altima 2.5SL and 3.5SE.

2003 Accord EX-L automatic: $24,160
2003 Accord LXV6 automatic only: $23,460

2003 Altima 2.5SL ABS/SideAirbags/Sunroof: $25,187
2003 Altima 3.5SE Auto/ABS/TCS/SideAirbags $24,788

2. I thought the Accord was cheaper than the Altima, I WAS WRONG. A fully loaded Altima with every option cost $29,392.00, A fully loaded Accord with matching options cost $29,922.00. Not really much of a difference when you consider than the Accord comes with a 5spd auto and better gas mileage. An Accord with every available option will run you $33,704.00 (with NAVI and dealer installed options).

NOTE: I had to add foglights, 17" wheels, sides sills, sunroof deflector, door guard, spoiler, wood trim, auto dim mirrors, floor mats, cargo net, CD changer, and chrome tips to the Accord to make it close to the Altima in options.

SECOND NOTE: The Accord has 5spd included thus making it the better car, until you factor in the Altima has more torque, 5+hp, Xenon lights, and a power trunk release.

So tit for tat I rate them equal. But I am shocked to see the Accord close to the $30s. And really I think the Altima should be much cheaper due to the el cheapo interior (which has been updated) and widely used V6.
Holy , can you put enough overpriced dealer installed stuff on it!?!?! Cargo net, chromed exhuast tips, sunroof deflector, and extra side sills are all just extra options you can pick up cheaper somewhere else (i.e....www.hparts.com). And why the hell did you add a $545 trunk mounted CD changer when a indash CD changer is already standard. :slap:

Let's compare:

2003 Accord EXV6 sedan
standard equipment:
3.0L 240hp V6 - regular fuel
5-speed automatic transmission
Power Moonroof
ABS/TCS
Side Airbags
dual-zone automatic climate control
indash 6CD changer
leather trim interior
Front driver and passenger heated power seats
Side and curtain airbags
Floor mats
Homelink
16" alloy

$25,800
+$460 destination
---------------------------
$26,260

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5SE automatic
standard equipment:
3.5L 245hp V6 - premium fuel
4-speed automatic transmission
17" alloy

$23,149
+$2999 Leather package (indash 6CD changer, Sunroof, Power heated seats, leather, auto climate control, homelink)
+$1099 Side Airbags, ABS, TCS
+$79 Floor Mats
+$460 destination
---------------------------
$27,866

'Tit for tat' the Altima has .5L more, but lower mpg and requires premium fuel whereas the Accord V6 is only regular fuel and better mpg. The Altima has 17" Alloys, but has one less gear than the Accords. We can argue about more little features one has the other doesn't but for the most part, I would call them offsetting each other. But I think I made my point clear on the price difference. :fawk:
Old 09-09-2002, 03:40 PM
s2ktonv

Looks like they only raised the prices by a percent or so...Just got back from our local dealer and they have at least a $2000 markup on all the 03's i seen on the back lot.

On a side note, I seen about 20 Si's collecting dust.

Old 09-09-2002, 04:35 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

Originally posted by Honda/NissanFan
you mean in price don't u?
Old 09-09-2002, 07:31 PM
yianni64

It says the Navigation system wont be avail til Jan 03 on the website. Im confloozed.... are there 2 different nav systems?
Old 09-09-2002, 09:22 PM
Honda/NissanFan

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES
H/N fan, were you born stupid? Equally matched, the Accord weighs in at $28,545. It comes standard with a 6CD changer (8CD is trunk mounted), noone who buys the sedan will care about the ugly tips, the floormats are standard, those are just really good ones. Of course the EX-V6 with Navi is gonna be 28 grand, and if you're gonna add every freakin option in the book it'll be 30. The Accord is far superior to the Altima in every single way except style and driving excitement.

And I would rather have an LX-V6 than an EX-L. By far.
This is the most OPINIONATED argument there is. I back up my argument with factual data from each manufacture. Stop making up prices and what you heard and read about. Go to a HONDA and a NISSAN site and build your own. If a person is spending 28k and upward on a EXV6 Accord, why not throw in some chrome tips??

Is the Honda site wrong on price or something?
Old 09-09-2002, 09:25 PM
Honda/NissanFan

If you will please go to the site and configure you own you will see that all the options I added to the Accord were mostly standard or included options on the Altima, don't blame me!!
Old 09-09-2002, 10:02 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Originally posted by <s>Honda</s>/NissanFan
This is the most OPINIONATED argument there is. I back up my argument with factual data from each manufacture. Stop making up prices and what you heard and read about. Go to a HONDA and a NISSAN site and build your own. If a person is spending 28k and upward on a EXV6 Accord, why not throw in some chrome tips??

Is the Honda site wrong on price or something?
Even if you add chrome tips to my price breakdown above, the price difference is still heavily in the Accord's favor.

If you will please go to the site and configure you own you will see that all the options I added to the Accord were mostly standard or included options on the Altima, don't blame me!!
I did priced it out on both manufacture's website. Items like sidesills, sunroof deflectors, CD changer, floormats, wood trim, side sills, and spoiler are not standard on the Altima either. Most of those options (side sills, spoiler, exhaust tips) are useless and overpriced. You even added an extra CD changer when the Accord EX already comes with an indash CD changer! Same with the floormats.

If it makes you feel any better, here's screen shots of my configs on Nissan and Honda's website, this time I added dealer installed foglights to the Accord since it is standard on the Altima.

Quick Reply: Honda.com Build a 2003 Accord Sedan