Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Straight from horses mouth....interesting read

Old 09-09-2002, 03:42 PM
s2ktonv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still say Honda is going to surprise us in the next few years with a High Output V-8 for both the NSX and RL:dunno:

Is that rumor about the steel NSX with a V-8 going for around 50K still running around??

Old 09-09-2002, 04:50 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by s2ktonv
I still say Honda is going to surprise us in the next few years with a High Output V-8 for both the NSX and RL:dunno:

Is that rumor about the steel NSX with a V-8 going for around 50K still running around??
I'm getting annoyed that people are not reading the ****ing thread. If you did you'd probably change your mind.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:13 PM
Xcivic

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES
XC, the IMA system in the DualNote is the exact opposite of the one in the RD-X.
Really? I could have swore they both used electric motors at the rear wheels to create a all-wheel drive setup. I've been known to be wrong once and a while, sorry.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:57 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Xcivic

Really? I could have swore they both used electric motors at the rear wheels to create a all-wheel drive setup. I've been known to be wrong once and a while, sorry.
We all do. RD-X is front engine, DualNote is mid engine.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:00 PM
s2ktonv

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES

I'm getting annoyed that people are not reading the ****ing thread. If you did you'd probably change your mind.
Man, stfu already
Old 09-09-2002, 06:11 PM
s2ktonv

Just ignore meh:
Old 09-09-2002, 06:38 PM
More&Faster

hybrids suck and they are going to remain nothing but a gimmick for the next 10 years. although i admit it has to happen eventually but right now its not economical. this adds so much more complexity to a car. and when it breaks, who works on it? and for how much? if all your after is mileage, vw has offered a bigger car with more power with better mileage than the civic hybrid for the past 5 years or so. not to mention itll last a hell of a lot longer. hybrids could never be realistically used in sports cars because of the ridiculous weight of the batteries and electric motors and extra drivetrain equipment. if what your after is emissions, then why do you need 85 hp or whatever. that civic would be just fine with a 1 liter vtec engine making oh, 50 hp, and it would get just as good mileage while providing less emissions. the real future is in one of two things. ONE: fully electric cars. this can only happen when we admit to ourselves that maybe our we have to sacrifice a little practicality for low emmisions or whatever. or if we used interchangeable batteries so that you could go to a gas station and instead of charging up, just exchange your dead battery for a charged one. or TWO: we start producing corn like mad and use it to make biodiesel, a substance that runs perfectly fine in todays diesel engines and that has no emissions and can be made from corn and nothing else. virtually an unlimited resource, limited only by price (it wouldnt be cheap if everyone depended on it).
so ya right now i say screw hybrids, go buy yourself a golf TDI and put biodiesel in it. get a chip and exhaust for it and you'll be in GSR territory, while getting 55 mpg.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:41 PM
AcuraFanatic

I don't think we'll be seeing mainstream vehicles like the TL become a hybrid anytime soon. It's just not that time yet, at least not being sold as the sole choice of motivation.

I'm interested to see what rolls out.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:09 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by More&Faster
hybrids suck and they are going to remain nothing but a gimmick for the next 10 years. although i admit it has to happen eventually but right now its not economical. this adds so much more complexity to a car. and when it breaks, who works on it? and for how much? if all your after is mileage, vw has offered a bigger car with more power with better mileage than the civic hybrid for the past 5 years or so. not to mention itll last a hell of a lot longer. hybrids could never be realistically used in sports cars because of the ridiculous weight of the batteries and electric motors and extra drivetrain equipment. if what your after is emissions, then why do you need 85 hp or whatever. that civic would be just fine with a 1 liter vtec engine making oh, 50 hp, and it would get just as good mileage while providing less emissions. the real future is in one of two things. ONE: fully electric cars. this can only happen when we admit to ourselves that maybe our we have to sacrifice a little practicality for low emmisions or whatever. or if we used interchangeable batteries so that you could go to a gas station and instead of charging up, just exchange your dead battery for a charged one. or TWO: we start producing corn like mad and use it to make biodiesel, a substance that runs perfectly fine in todays diesel engines and that has no emissions and can be made from corn and nothing else. virtually an unlimited resource, limited only by price (it wouldnt be cheap if everyone depended on it).
so ya right now i say screw hybrids, go buy yourself a golf TDI and put biodiesel in it. get a chip and exhaust for it and you'll be in GSR territory, while getting 55 mpg.
No.
The Civic hybdrid is faster than the TDi. And youll be nowhere near a gsr in the tdi, which has a stock 0-60 of 15 seconds. how youll cut down the 0-60 in half is beyond me.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:52 PM
More&Faster

dood with a chip and nothing else, a tdi makes over 200 torque. get an intake and exhaust on that beast and hellz yea your in gsr territory....or atleast si territory. and with all that the mileage only goes up. ive talked to people who got over 60 mpg freeway, and my moms stockq tdi consistently gets over 45 in the city. and well maybe your right, stockq for stockq the civic might be faster but the vw is by far a nicer car.

Quick Reply: Straight from horses mouth....interesting read