Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Ford makes its SVT lineup available to all dealers

Old 07-28-2005, 03:50 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford makes its SVT lineup available to all dealers

Ford is mainstreaming its SVT performance lineup, making it available to all of its 3,900 U.S. dealers for the first time, Darryl B. Hazel, president of Ford Division told Inside Line.

"We need to do better with performance products," Hazel said. "I recognize the resources that have been made available are such that I don't think we can continue to demand exclusivity from a smaller group of dealers on SVT."

Hazel said the reaction from dealers has been mixed.

"Some think it's a terrific idea," he said. "Some think it's the worst idea they've ever heard."

There are about 600 full-line SVT dealers in the U.S. In 2002, Ford opened up the SVT program to all of its dealers to sell the 2004 SVT Focus; about 800 dealers signed on for that program.

SVT spokesman Alan Hall said not all are expected to sign on to the SVT program because of certification requirements. Although those requirements are still being formulated, they are expected to include special sales and service training for technicians.

The next SVT product due out is the Shelby Cobra GT500, which Ford will begin building as early as next spring. Hazel said it will be priced around $40,000. Volume numbers are still being determined, but Hazel said Cobras traditionally have had a volume of around 7,000 a year.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=106600
Old 08-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Acura_Crazed

I just spoke with the owner of a dealer here in town. He wasnt a SVT dealer before this announcement. Whats cool is that the SVT name will be more of a common thing now here which will open the door to perhaps many more SVT produced vehicles if this initiative becomes a positive financially. I for one wouldnt mind at all to see a SVT Fusion down the road. Hey its possible! The avenue has just been opened.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:22 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Special Vehicle Team, for anyone who was wondering. It's kind of like Fords version of STi.

For those who knew that I'm sorry buy you can't have your 10 seconds back.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:36 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWD SVT Fusion wioth 6 speed and V6 FI, new 3.5 V6 or Mazdaspeed 6 turbo > Honda Accord.

There I said it :happysad:
Old 10-09-2005, 02:31 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

SVT Crown Vic..... 500hp Cobra motor, 6 speed manual, 18" wheels, IRS > Chrysler 300 SRT8 > Police Interceptor

Old 10-10-2005, 12:22 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

Originally Posted by bluetwo
For those who knew that I'm sorry buy you can't have your 10 seconds back.
I'm a fast reader. You only owe me for five seconds.

If Ford had a dealer problem, they could restrict Mustang deliveries to only their best dealers.
Mustang is the halo car, next to the boring sedans and trucks. Yes, the vanilla models sell to Middle America, but only because half of them have Mustang envy, or the Ford dealer is the only show in town.