Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Man sues Ferrari over his car's "insufficient" top speed

Old 06-28-2005, 03:09 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man sues Ferrari over his car's "insufficient" top speed

A businessman who bought a brand new Ferrari is demanding his money back because it only goes 280 km/h (174 mph).

Berlin businessman Joerg Winterberg, 60, is unhappy his £111,000 Ferrari Challenge Stradale didn't reach the advertised 298km/h (185 mph).

He said: "I could have bought a Porsche for far less and still had the same performance. I want my money back.

"The prospectus promised the car could reach 298 km/h (185 mph), but in reality it can only go up to 280 km/h (174 mph)."

Ferrari have denied there is anything wrong with the car and have refused to give the businessman his money back.

He is now taking the company to court after an independent expert also found the sports car could not go at the speeds promised.

German motorists can travel at whatever speed they like on the country's famous autobahns.

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/N...728587,00.html
Old 06-28-2005, 03:35 PM
DakarM

IBferrariputsadisclaimerontheirtopspeed that it was achieved at a test track (oval) with little to no headwind.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:09 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DakarM
IBferrariputsadisclaimerontheirtopspeed that it was achieved at a test track (oval) with little to no headwind.
IBwefindouttheguyweighs3000lbs
Old 06-28-2005, 06:30 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

to play devil's advocate...mfgr's state hp numbers and if it is shown that they don't make that it hurts their advertising and they wind up buying cars back or having to make modifications to meet those claims (cough, mazda...cough,nissan...cough, ford)
Old 06-28-2005, 09:57 PM
stickyshifter

This is a pain that not many of us Americans will suffer from or understand. I could never legally get my Prelude up to 155 mph (or is it 150) as stated on the dash.

Sigh...
Old 06-29-2005, 04:30 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by stickyshifter
This is a pain that not many of us Americans will suffer from or understand. I could never legally get my Prelude up to 155 mph (or is it 150) as stated on the dash.

Sigh...
yes you can...just have to pay money...take it to a real race track that is an oval or a road course with some very long straights or go to the bonneville salt flats

i also read awhile back that a private company was looking in building an "american autobahn" where it was a private toll road with no speed limit...i haven't heard anything of it since
Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 AM
stickyshifter

Originally Posted by jaje
yes you can...just have to pay money...take it to a real race track that is an oval or a road course with some very long straights or go to the bonneville salt flats

i also read awhile back that a private company was looking in building an "american autobahn" where it was a private toll road with no speed limit...i haven't heard anything of it since

I heard a bunch of news about creating the left lane in busy cities a pay lane and ease traffic, and some interstates being taken over by private sector, upgrade roads and charge you while you can go faster on those highways then state highways.