Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP spy shots - 240 hp turbo engine

Old 06-15-2005, 10:34 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP spy shots - 240 hp turbo engine

So some forum called Cheers & Gears has supposedly bought the rights to some spy photos of the upcoming turbocharged version of the upcoming Pontiac Solstice.

The layout of the charge pipes suggest a front mounted intercooler, and output is guessed to be around 240 hp.

Here's the link if you want to see the article: http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...howtopic=17690

Normally I would just copy-n-paste but since they have that specific warning in the post I'll toe the line. They look like a startup forum so I guess they could use the traffic. h:

(Please limit your comments to the actual car and not the overprotective little forum that posted info about it)
Old 06-16-2005, 06:13 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
So some forum called Cheers & Gears has supposedly bought the rights to some spy photos of the upcoming turbocharged version of the upcoming Pontiac Solstice.

The layout of the charge pipes suggest a front mounted intercooler, and output is guessed to be around 240 hp.

Here's the link if you want to see the article: http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...howtopic=17690

Normally I would just copy-n-paste but since they have that specific warning in the post I'll toe the line. They look like a startup forum so I guess they could use the traffic. h:

(Please limit your comments to the actual car and not the overprotective little forum that posted info about it)
I think the only comment in this thread that would be made about that forum was already made by you.

I can believe it...although I'd love to know how they got those pictures. Every time I see a car with manuf plates and camo here the guys driving it are extremely protective.

Edit: I wonder if it's the 2.0, 2.2 or 2.4...I'd think 2.2, but you never know.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:16 AM
Paul
Eater of Rice

Isn't this what the concept was going to be?
Old 06-16-2005, 03:26 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by Paul
Isn't this what the concept was going to be?
What do you mean?

The Solstice has been confirmed for production for a while. It's coming out in September.

This is a turbo version of said production car.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Dave-ROR
RAD owns.

uhmmm can someone copy/paste it?

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

MrFat: In mod corner if you want..
Old 06-17-2005, 03:24 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Pontiac is said to be preparing a high-performance GXP edition of its new Solstice roadster for model-year 2007, with a turbocharged, four-cylinder engine that should be good for 240 horsepower.

In the meantime, the brand's general manager reportedly has sent a letter to dealers, addressing complaints that a few are charging well above the Solstice's suggested sticker price of $19,995 — despite the fact that the car doesn't go on sale officially until this fall. Pontiac already has taken 9,000 orders, and the vehicle is so hot that some dealers are asking a premium, according to the Detroit News.

The GXP edition is expected to reach showrooms a year or so after the first Solstices begin arriving at Pontiac dealers. The high-output version will get a dual-exhaust system and a unique front fascia, and will offer buyers a choice between a five-speed manual and a five-speed automatic gearbox.

The same turbo engine likely will be offered on a Redline edition of the 2007 Saturn Sky, a sister vehicle to the Solstice. The Sky and the Solstice are built on GM's corporate Kappa platform.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=106108

Personally I like the looks of the Sky a bunch more than the Solstice. The Sky Redline, at least in theory, sounds quite interesting to me.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Paul
Eater of Rice

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
What do you mean?

The Solstice has been confirmed for production for a while. It's coming out in September.

This is a turbo version of said production car.
The concept when it first appeared in 2002, was a supercharged version. When the production model was first announced it was planned to be the naturally aspirated. So my statement "Isn't this what the concept was going to be?" simply means is that this is closer to the concept than the naturally aspirated version.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:03 AM
BONE

It should be a rocket with that 240 hp engine.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:52 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by Paul
The concept when it first appeared in 2002, was a supercharged version. When the production model was first announced it was planned to be the naturally aspirated. So my statement "Isn't this what the concept was going to be?" simply means is that this is closer to the concept than the naturally aspirated version.
Ah ok, now I understand what you mean.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:29 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no six speed.... why GM, why?