Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2007 Jaguar XK spy shots

Old 04-13-2005, 05:25 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Jaguar XK spy shots

The Jaguar XK's replacement will be called... XK. Latest spy photos of the sleek new 2+2 coupe, caught out whilst Jaguar prepares publicity material for its launch, clearly show the "XK" badge on its tail. Looking very similar to the cleanly-styled ALC - advanced lightweight concept - show car we saw at the Detroit and Geneva motor shows, it is built on a version of the XJ saloon's aluminium body structure. It'll be fitted with the new 4.4 V8 as used in the latest Range Rover, good for 180 mph and 0-60 in less than five seconds; supercharged R versions - giving a good 400 bhp - will follow.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...disguised.html
Old 04-13-2005, 09:28 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like their concept...I absolutely love it. The front might be a bit too Aston for me, but the rear and shoulders of the car are gorgeous. Hopefully we can get some manual trannies with this one, but I doubt it. Ford seems obsessed with their new 6A.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:43 AM
mayonaise

some concept images from automobile magazine, just for reference.

looks almost identical. no clear tail lights, orange reflectors in the headlights. a little bit different front treatment - looks like fog lights in the "bumper", instead of some ventilation. seems like the silver accent on the side vent is gone, but then again, the spyshots are of a silver car. maybe it just blends in? i like that blue color on the concept. it'd be great if they offered it on the production model

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
0501_jag_xk8_02.jpg (15.0 KB, 732 views)
0501_jag_xk8_03.jpg (13.1 KB, 729 views)
0501_jag_xk8_04.jpg (16.7 KB, 741 views)
Old 04-13-2005, 10:55 AM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

i see some aston martin in the side view. and that's a good thing.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:02 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Front looks like a Ford Taraus

Edit: Is James Bond doing another movie? Because I see "Filming in Progress" on one of the signs in the spy shots.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by kenton

Edit: Is James Bond doing another movie? Because I see "Filming in Progress" on one of the signs in the spy shots.
I was just about to say that it looks like a Taurus... But then all jags sorta do after Ford bought them.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:45 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenton

Probably for a commercial. Bond drives Aston now.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:02 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Probably for a commercial. Bond drives Aston now.
In the last one, Die Another Day, Bond drove the Aston and the guy with rocks in his face drove the Jag. What's to say that another enemy can't be driving a Jag? And didn't Bond drive BMW previously to Aston?? In Goldeneye he drove the Z3 Roadster.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:44 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

The original James Bond car is an Aston Martin DB5, driven by Sean Connery in Goldfinger and Thunderball. When the action shifted to Japan for You Only Live Twice he hopped a ride in a one-off Toyota 2000GT convertible.

George Lazenby drove an Aston Martin DBS in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

In Diamonds Are Forever Sean Connery drove a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 through downtown Las Vegas.

Roger Moore drove a Lotus Esprit in The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only.

Timothy Dalton drove an Aston Martin V8 Vantage and V8 Volante in The Living Daylights.

Eon Productions, the company that makes the Bond movies, struck a deal with BMW for the first three Pierce Brosnan movies.

But, the iconic Bond car has always been the Aston Martin DB5. Ford knew this, and signed a deal with Eon to have Bond drive an Aston in Die Another Day. And with this corporate sponsorship, pretty much every single vehicle to get any screen time in the movie was from some Ford brand or another. Halle Berry had a pink Thunderbird, there were lots of Volvos and Range Rovers and everything else from the Ford stables.

So for the next couple movies, or for however many more are made that Ford sponsors, I'd say it's a solid bet that Bond will drive an Aston of some sort or another, and any other Ford vehicle featured prominently will be driven by someone else.

So, about that Jaguar XK...
Old 04-14-2005, 07:41 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

That looks really close to the Crossfire.