Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2006 Dodge Charger

Old 10-05-2004, 09:08 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some spy shots.

Old 10-05-2004, 10:03 AM
DakarM

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
It's got a much longer wheelbase, different suspension mounting points, and different suspension arms. I look at it this way, for the car's market segment a reengineered version of an almost-decade-old Mercedes platform isn't such a bad thing for a mid-20s to low-30s American car.

it's not that much different but I was just saying MB is smart for using a proven old chassis and saving a crap load of money and time. So far I like the 300 and the magnum specially the magnum.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:55 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by kazi
"All looks the same"? Are you mad? It really annoys people make complaint about these working man's 'affordable' large V8 RWD cars making a comeback and all they complain about is the looks. I for one and happy that all of them didn't go for the retro look. If every one of these cars went for the retro style to its former looks I would :barf:. Here's my analysis.

2005 Ford Mustang GT: Yes, these are technically muscle cars. Pony cars are its sub classification. It went for the retro style look inside and out and execute it very well. The latest test reviews has some very impressive performance. 300hp 4.6L V8.

Chrysler 300C: If people would do some research they would step away from calling the style a Bentley front end copy cat and will see that there's a lot styling resemblence with the 1957 300C with the quad headlights style and the oversized grill with a lot of modern day touch. :thumbup: to Chrysler for adding a cylinder management system for a slightly better fuel efficiency. 340hp 5.7L Hemi V8.

Pontiac GTO: The car looks nothing like its original. This muscle car took the modern look to its style. Complainers will whine that it looks like a Grand Prix and other Pontiacs. But very few of them will look into the past and see the original GTO looks very much like the Tempest and Bonne. Technically it was a Tempest upgrade. The original GTO went with its current corporate style, so is the new one. 350hp 5.7L V8 LS1 was great, but the 400hp 6.0L V8 LS2 in the 2005 is even more :eek3:.

Dodge Magnum/Charger: I don't how to describe the looks. Brawny and muscular. Anyways, they do look very . Same power as the 300C (for obvious reasons).

My point is this. All these new age muscle cars cover a good mix of retro to modern look. I'm glad not all of them followed one bandwagon with the style. I was when the RWD Impala SS was dismissed in 1997. I loved those cars and considered that the last true muscle car till the proliferations of these new batch. All these high performance RWD big V8s can be bought for a reasonable less than $35k.
:werd: Why are people complaining?
Would you prefer it if they built yet another line of minivans & trucks?

I'm loving this revival of American RWD performance sedans and coupes.
When the new Mustang Cobra comes out (w/ IRS), I may very well consider it. :eek3:

And this new Charger is hot IMO. That it is built on the W210 is of no concern to me. As long as they get the suspension properly tuned and keep the recirculating-ball steering rack in the dumpster (where it belongs), then I'm happy.

Thank God the domestic manufacturers are moving away from the SUV market and giving people like us the cars we want at reasonable prices.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 10-05-2004, 11:02 AM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

What kazi et al said!

Can't keep up with the Charger postings @ Allpar ... the fanboys (fan old-farts?) are going wild.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:04 AM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

meeh nolikey doesn't look good at all
Old 10-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Civic2Scooby

meh..all of chrysler and dodge have the exact same front end and body give or take some doors and a roofline here and there....:barf:
Old 10-05-2004, 01:38 PM
qtiger

Originally Posted by NorCal DC4
Mustang Cobra comes out (w/ IRS), I may very well consider it. :eek3:
Word on the Ford engineer grapevine is no IRS
Old 10-05-2004, 02:29 PM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

I think the old concept looked A LOT better but hey, it's not like I was going to buy one anyway.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:31 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qtiger
Word on the Ford engineer grapevine is no IRS
I thought IRS on GT and up?
Old 10-05-2004, 02:53 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Hmm, now...that's kinda cool