Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2006 Honda SUT Spied on the Streets

Old 07-29-2004, 06:01 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get the unibody truck concept.

Towing capacity is probably a maximum of 5000 lbs with a standard towing capacity of 3500 lbs.

I wouldn't buy this over a Tacoma Double Cab V6 4x4.
Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
How so I guess the Pilot and Odyssey were 10 years too late then too
Yes, they were, seeing as before they came out all Honda had was a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo and a "minivan" that was more like a tall Accord wagon.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:32 PM
lowelcam96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
How so I guess the Pilot and Odyssey were 10 years too late then too
Honda started off as a small motorcycle company, the companys' philosophy is, to this day, all about efficiency (4,6cyls), technology (4WS,VTEC,double wishbone), and "simplicity."
Through the years Honda thought the SUV thing was a fad. Ten years later, they now have to build these bulky trucks and design v6 torquey engine, just to keep up with American egos.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:20 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
Yes, they were, seeing as before they came out all Honda had was a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo and a "minivan" that was more like a tall Accord wagon.
...thanks captain obvious. The point was that it doesn't really matter since they're selling so well.

lowel, not seeing the point still. What are you saying about the truck itself?

And BTW lowel, they actually started off as a motorcycle supplier (which now that I reread your post I guess you already might've implied, but let me make a quick point), supplying better made and cheaper parts to motorcycle companies. That was in the 30s and 40s. It wasn't until the 50s that they started building their own motorcycles with the Dream and all of them. Maybe you've already read it, by Soichiro Honda's biography is fascinating. I can't remember the name, I read it 2 years ago, but you can really learn a lot from the man. His principles and ideas were astonishing for his day, and it's too bad that a lot of them aren't being carried around now in the Honda hierarchy.