Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

05 G35 changes

Old 06-03-2004, 08:42 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice improvements on the inside. I don't really care for the new sedan wheels, though. Front air dam is the only exterior change to the coupe, it looks like?

I'm interested in the new Coupe Sport model.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:21 PM
zishan

Originally Posted by M Type X
Nice improvements on the inside. I don't really care for the new sedan wheels, though. Front air dam is the only exterior change to the coupe, it looks like?

To bad if you were in the market you'd only get the 280hp version. hehe 295ish only for the 6mt.

The G35 coupe’s new Sport model will be available in an advanced 5-speed automatic transmission or with a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission. The Sport 6MT model receives an additional 15-plus horsepower over automatic-equipped G35 coupe’s standard 280 horsepower, bringing its power to the 295-horsepower range (final figures to be released later).
Old 06-04-2004, 08:24 AM
velfarretokyo

Odd how Infiniti was able to get the two sedans to be in exactly the same place for the 04 and 05 models. If you look really closely, the scenery is almost exactly the same...its too similar actually...
Old 06-04-2004, 08:26 AM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

Originally Posted by M Type X

coupe looks like it has no changes to the body

Originally Posted by velfarretokyo
Odd how Infiniti was able to get the two sedans to be in exactly the same place for the 04 and 05 models. If you look really closely, the scenery is almost exactly the same...its too similar actually...
looks like an "official" photoshop. i stole this from freshalloy:

Old 06-04-2004, 08:34 AM
velfarretokyo

Yeah...when I saw the pics I did a double-take. Thats pretty unusual they would photoshop (a damn good one though) instead of taking pictures. Makes me wonder if the coupe will undergo more changes b/c it looks virtually identical to the previous model. At least I don't see any changes.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:43 AM
mayonaise

that isn't a photoshop. first, look at the lighting. the old photo looks like it was taken at sunset, or sunrise. the new one looks like it was taken in the middle-late afternoon. the lighting conditions change so much about the picture, including the reflections on all the body panels, windows, headlights, and the ground. emulating that change in lighting perfectly is unimaginably difficult if not impossible. look at the all of these reflections - they're completely different, and they're perfect.

besides this, please look at this image i just put together. the comparison image posted above selectively compares sections of both cars to make it look like they're from the same original photo - but this is not so. look at the hood line, the driver's side headlight, the trunk line, and the front fender where the side marker is. they're all completely off. if this was photoshoped then whoever did it essentially photoshoped an entire car in, which is beyond reasonable expectation. they just put the car in the same place as before, and happened to position it and the camera at almost the exact same spots. ALMOST
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
g35.jpg (92.5 KB, 75 views)
Old 06-04-2004, 12:45 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

wow, good job mayo.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:02 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Even if you look at the first composite image, the driver's side front fender and headlight don't line up.

Also it looks like they got rid of that stupid pocket on the right side of the center stack just next to the glove box. I never did know quite why they had that thing there.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:09 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that stupid pocket made the whole interior look very cheap. And great job, mayo.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:48 PM
asianautica

I'm not very impressed with the interior change. The exterior looks good but the interior is still a step behind the TL and even the TSX. TL and TSX give a feeling like you're surrounded while this is just kinda flat. No wonder the TL is selling over 7k a month. I guess I'm disappoint because the rumors were that it'll be night and day improvement and will give lexus/acura interior a run for their money, but I can't say it does. A perfect car for this segment would be G35 powertrain and TL interior.

Quick Reply: 05 G35 changes