Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Nissan Altima SE-R

Old 06-09-2004, 06:41 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M Type X
[mutter mutter] Typical Toyota dealer staff. All arrogance and no knowledge.
I made that post two months before I even applied to work at my current job.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:36 AM
stickyshifter

lol. Mike your position in Toyoya is now undermining everything you have to say.

Unless of course, you give these people a good deal when they come knocking, otherwise they gonna attack you based on your toyota-ness
Old 06-09-2004, 08:46 AM
velfarretokyo

Toyota's day in the sun won't last forever. Although smaller companies like Mitsubishi, Honda, and Mazda can't revamp their line-ups like Toyota, it doesn't mean they can't make great cars to compete. Nissan's done an incredible job of changing what was a stoic line-up 5 years ago, with laughable attempts of luxury cars and sports cars to having a great line-up today. I only hope that the recent influx of sporty midsize cars will spur Honda into offering a sportier Accord model eventually. Even Toyota has the Camry SE, smoked headlights and all!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:32 PM
ILuvItTheJDM
VEETEHK

Originally Posted by velfarretokyo
Toyota's day in the sun won't last forever. Although smaller companies like Mitsubishi, Honda, and Mazda can't revamp their line-ups like Toyota, it doesn't mean they can't make great cars to compete. Nissan's done an incredible job of changing what was a stoic line-up 5 years ago, with laughable attempts of luxury cars and sports cars to having a great line-up today. I only hope that the recent influx of sporty midsize cars will spur Honda into offering a sportier Accord model eventually. Even Toyota has the Camry SE, smoked headlights and all!!!
Um, we can pretty much bet that a "mainstream" segment will exist in society. So we can also pretty much bet that Toyota will be around to cash in on that.

As you can see, they're on the leading edge of hybrids, could probably develop a hydrogen system overnight if they haven't already, and rumor has it that Lexus is working on a bona-fide division to compete with ///M and AMG. So they're not just sticking to the mainstream. Even Scion can be used for proof of that.

Yes, Toyota is uber-successful. And everybody is saying it can't last. I would tend to disagree. Toyota is not known for the drastic changes in target market, vehicle design, and financial/management trouble that has plagued other car makers.

Toyota may fall one day. But I'm betting none of us will be around to see it happen.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:51 PM
asianautica

Originally Posted by ILuvItTheJDM
Um, we can pretty much bet that a "mainstream" segment will exist in society. So we can also pretty much bet that Toyota will be around to cash in on that.

As you can see, they're on the leading edge of hybrids, could probably develop a hydrogen system overnight if they haven't already, and rumor has it that Lexus is working on a bona-fide division to compete with ///M and AMG. So they're not just sticking to the mainstream. Even Scion can be used for proof of that.

Yes, Toyota is uber-successful. And everybody is saying it can't last. I would tend to disagree. Toyota is not known for the drastic changes in target market, vehicle design, and financial/management trouble that has plagued other car makers.

Toyota may fall one day. But I'm betting none of us will be around to see it happen.
I completely agree. I think if any company can eventually be a threat to Toyota, it would be Nissan. Like Toyota, Nissan is beginning to share between its cars alot more now. Which in turn make them alot of profit. This also allow them to roll out product alot faster and more cost effective too. Just look at the tC for example, almost every part of that car is from another car, which let Toyota to roll out the tC in about a year and a half, from start to finish. I think, Toyota will eventually over take GM for the #1 spot and I don't see how anyone can over take Toyota either. They have alot of money, but they also spend alot of $$ on R&D as well, so I don't think they're making the same mistake as GM and ford.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:14 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Default Updated Info

Nissan’ s 2005 Altima SE-R that made its public debut last spring at the New York show (AW, April 5) goes on sale Sept. 22 nationwide. Here’s the latest: Altima SE-R’s sticker of $29,760 includes the higher-output 3.5-liter V6 (up 10 hp to 260 vs. non-SE-R models), 18-inch wheels, performance-tuned suspension, leather seats, the 350Z’s three-gauge instrument cluster and a host of body mods.

Old 09-14-2004, 03:42 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is ****ing expensive, but I do like it.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
That is ****ing expensive, but I do like it.
i agree.. i wouldnt spend $30k on an altima..
Old 09-14-2004, 09:39 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

I wouldn't spend $30K on an Accord Coupe, even if the leather was upgraded and the V6 was a total rocket like the Nissan VQ engine. At that money, you should be looking at Acuras and Infinitis.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally Posted by M Type X
At that money, you should be looking at Acuras and Infinitis.
and many others.... h:

Quick Reply: Nissan Altima SE-R