Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Nissan's Tokyo Autoshow Line-Up

Old 10-14-2003, 04:53 PM
velfarretokyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan's Tokyo Autoshow Line-Up

Can be found here:

http://press.nissan-global.com/TOKYO.../EN/index.html

-------------

I'm really digging most of Nissan's concept cars. I like the Serentity, it looks like a pretty aggresive sports wagon - along the lines of say the Matrix, but much better executed. I also think the C-Note is pretty interesting. People on the Nissan boards speculate its the next Sentra. That would make sense, seeing as how it looks a lot like a Renault design and the next Sentra is supposed to share the Megane's platform.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:11 PM
OLDZ

Maybe I'm blind, but where is the GTR???
Old 10-15-2003, 12:15 AM
asianautica

There's no GT-R display yet. My guess is they're keeping it secret until the unveiling during the show, but that's just my guess.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:24 AM
OLDZ

I sure hope so. I hope they don't **** this one up either, by showing some ugly ass car.

So who do you think will steal the motor show this year??? Will it be Nissan with the GTR, or Honda with that sexxy ass NSX.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:23 AM
velfarretokyo

There's also speculation that it won't be shown...
Old 10-15-2003, 08:24 AM
asianautica

I think those two cars are in different class in term of price. But performance should be similar. FR vs MR. rumor has it that it'll be 480HP V6-TT tuned by Lotus and suspension tuned by Cosworth. We'll just have to wait for the official spec. It'll be interesting none the less.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:56 PM
velfarretokyo

An article on Autoweek.com has stated that the GTR will not be shown...that blows.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:47 PM
zemmix

I have a feeling they are keeping the GT-R for the Detroit show since it will also be sold in America. That and it gives them a chance to see what Toyota has in store...
Old 10-21-2003, 03:59 PM
asianautica

One of Japan's most reliable car magazines, Holiday Auto, is reporting
that Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn will make a significant announcement
concerning the next generation GT-R at Nissan's Tokyo Show press briefing on Oct 22.
The car will not appear, but critical information will be revealed.

NEXT GT-R REVEALED
According to the report, Ghosn will outlay a launch schedule for the new GT-R supercar with an unveiling set for the September 2005 Frankfurt show. The car will then appear again at Tokyo and then at Detroit before Nissan reveals the final production version at Geneva in 2006. The report also confirms that the next GT-R will be powered by a specially developed 3.2 litre V6 with a new electrically-assisted twin turbo setup generating in excess of 480 hp (350kW) placing it directly in Porsche 911 turbo territory.
Sitting on an aluminium space frame, the GT-R will employ a steel cabin unit blending light-weight materials with high rigidity strength.
The hydraulic centre differential used in the the outgoing R-34 will be swapped for an all-new magnetic clutch configuration with a choice of 6-speed Getrag manual or an 8-speed CVT inherited and upgraded from the current V-35 Skyline GT-8.
A revised Atessa ETS 4WD system will also be incorporated while the GT-R will sit on 245/40R19 rubber. The new model will also employ 6-pot Brembos on the front and 2-pots on the rear. But while we can reveal these details today, the final styling of the GT-R has not yet been signed off, hence the absence of it from this year's Tokyo show. Nissan know they must keep price down, and several commentators including the Holiday Auto report suggest a price under 8 million yen.

http://www.apexjapan.com/news/tms_pr...s_preview.html
Old 10-21-2003, 04:41 PM
mayonaise

Originally posted by asianautica
an unveiling set for the September 2005 Frankfurt show. The car will then appear again at Tokyo and then at Detroit before Nissan reveals the final production version at Geneva in 2006.
THAT long??? great... another two years of assorted rumors and speculation before we actually get to SEE something.
that body style be half way trough its life cycle by then..