Notices

Cleaning Your Bike...

Old 10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning Your Bike...

What products do you guys use? Do you use the same things that you use to clean your car? If you use multiple products list why you use each one and for what part of the bike.

Also, since I am a new bike owner is there anything I should be aware of before I clean it. I read online to avoid water pressure so I am going to sponge wash and rinse it. Then I will either sham dry it or air dry it.

I'm probably going to clean the bike Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:11 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easiest way to dry it is with a Electric powered Leaf blower! so easy. dont use gas for obvious reasons.

i use mothers wax, but be careful when you wax the gas tank i dont recommend waxing where you put your knees.

WD40 to clean my rims. takes chain grease right off
Old 10-08-2007, 06:47 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I generally use the same products as I would with my car. Also to shine up chrome rims, or anything chrome for that matter, I use Never Dull. Works like a charm! Heck, I even shine up the underside of the pipes and even the kickstand sometimes

I have yet to give the Suzuki a thorough cleaning though, maybe I'll take an hour or two on Saturday.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:27 PM
reena23
Banned

Hello, I am a bothersome spammer.
I don't pay attention to the policies of this site.

And because I post useless bullshit, I create a titanic, never-ending nuisance for the people who donate their time to keep this site running smoothly.
I am a daft, blundering, feeble-witted idiot and I should never register here again.

Last edited by TheOtherDave™; 10-23-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
slomofo

I use the same products as on my car, but for the wheels I spray them with Eagle One, let it soak for a bit, then rinse them off. On my car, I just use water pressure for the wheels, but you obviously don't want to do that with your chain in the way.