Notices

Need some help??

Old 09-25-2005, 11:22 PM
jlammy
w00t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help??

As you may read in my previous thread....I was taking the class....and I passed

I got my first bike a few weeks ago, but I haven't rode it yet. Here's why....

I bought it from a friend for a pretty good price. The problem is that he bought it brand new, but stopped riding it after 3200 miles.....and he never started it after he parked it in storage for 2 years !!! Knowing this we changed the oil and replaced the battery. However, I can start it with the choke turned on....but when I turn the choke off it dies. Also whenever I rev it dies.

I called a few places and they all said that the carburetor is all clogged up. I am pretty sure this is the case, but I don't know how to take it apart to clean out the carburetor. Since I am new to bikes I am sure I will need to have a mechanic to look at it. I don't want to have it hauled to the shop, so I am pretty much looking for someone to come over to do the work. PAID....of course. Anyone know someone local to OC that I can trust?

Team B.O.B.™ - Ballaz on a Budget

R.I.P Huan Vo 11-19-2008
Old 10-26-2005, 11:45 AM
travis in wa

Did you get your bike on the road?? The dealers will gouge you to fix this.
Yes the carbs need cleaned. With good luck, running Chevron Techron could get it to run okay. You said 'carburetor'. Just one??? That will be a piece of cake to R&R, cleaning in between.
What kind of bike?
Old 08-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Kesmai

Yeah, what kind of bike?