Notices

Sport bike tips

Old 07-19-2005, 09:25 AM
sunnykk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black95Accord
About 2 years ago I took the abate riding course. Then for about a year I did not even touch a motorcycle so I decided to take the course again with a buddy of mine who has an F4i.
I will probably always wear a helmet and a leather jacket when I ride. I don't even feel comfortable with riding my dads shadow for a block without a helmet.
That's good that you like to wear a helmet.

I had an accident with my bike. I was going through the canyons and hit some gravel taking a left curve and the bike slid out from below me and I went sliding into the bushes/gravel. Doing about 40mph I think

I had full leathers and helmet. Probably saved me from some serious injuries. Did not have any road rash. I dislocated my shoulder and that was about it.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:31 PM
armandjones82

Originally Posted by Black95Accord
About 2 years ago I took the abate riding course. Then for about a year I did not even touch a motorcycle so I decided to take the course again with a buddy of mine who has an F4i.
I will probably always wear a helmet and a leather jacket when I ride. I don't even feel comfortable with riding my dads shadow for a block without a helmet.

Good thing you like to wear helmets. Tell them that youll buy the most secured motorcycle helmets in the country just to let them have you that bike. and youll get their approval instantly.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Gilbert

Hello Black95Accord you need to make their mind and tell them the positive aspects of bike and hope they will change their mind and will cooperate with you. There might be the possibility of this.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:13 AM
mwatters

I'm struggling with the same issue on the parent end, but thankfully my son only wants a Honda cruiser, not a sport bike. It was good to read this thread and get my son's perspective. Thanks all.