Honda bike lovers

Old 09-03-2004, 07:58 PM
ED9man
driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda bike lovers

What have you ridden?
Impressions?

I've ridden a DOHC CB750 custom and a SOHC CB750 in a modified frame. The softer DOHC was a little quicker, but the rock hard suspension on the SOHC one was much better feeling. I like the dual front disks on the DOHC better though. I love the way both sound, the DOHC runs to 9500 and the SOHC to 8500. I can't wait to ride a modern sportbike.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:21 PM
axemansean

None yet, but my uncle has a 1996 Honda Magna.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:39 PM
ladron
Huele mi dedo

my 95 nighthawk, which I love, a Honda Hawk back in the day (great bike) and a friend's cbr and superhawk. Didn't like the cbr and superhawk - I felt like I was falling forward when I was riding.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Isellum

I've got a '93 f2, which a nice all-around sport bike. Smooth engine, very comfortable and pretty good performance with the mods I've done (2 bros pipe, stage 1 jet kit, ignition advancer, K&N filter). It used to sound like a sewing machine before I put on the pipe, but now it's a screamer! My brother laughs because it's even louder than his bike. It's a little heavier and down 10-15 hp compared to the newer 600's, but only a small percentage of riders out there would ever be able to tell the difference (I can't)and low 11 second 1/4's, stock, is still pretty damn fast! At least in their day, f2's and f3's were the top dog 600's. My brother's 2001 929 is a beast! He's got a Moriwaki pipe, PCIII w/ a nice map, and K&N filter. It'll lift the front wheel just about any time you crack the throttle in 1st or 2nd gear. I guess all the liter sport bikes are like that now. It's almost impossible to use all their power in the lower gears. It was even worse when he dropped the front sprocket a tooth, so he switched it back. Very sensitive, almost a nervous feel to it in "normal" riding, but actually feels more stable as your speeds increase. Hard seat, stiff suspension. Eats up a rear tire every 3K miles. Not my cup of tea. He's asked me if I wanted to buy it, but I'm looking at a '99 or later Blackbird. That is a silky smooth bike. I rode a '99 (that's when it got EFI) for about 15 minutes and that is my bike of choice right now. Power, style, comfort, and absolutely no vibration at all from the motor and very quiet with the stock exhaust (might have to fix that, though). It's so f'ing fast, it's ridiculous. If you're at 4-5k rpm's and you crack the throttle, you won't know what hit you. It's like it's nuclear powered or something. You can keep your Hayabusa's and ZX12's, I'll take the Honda. The only other Honda I've ridden is my friend's '87 Super Magna. If you're not familiar with the model, it was limited production and these days is a pretty rare bike. His is in great shape and runs really well. Personally, I didn't care for the seating position of a cruiser, I guess I'm used to sport bikes, and I have to say that the V4 was not the smoothest engine I've ever seen. We were riding on the highway for the most part and the thing was shaking like crazy. In fact, he was riding my bike and commented on how smooth the in-line was. Like I said, I guess I'm just a sport bike guy. I guess he is now too because the last time I talked to him, he said he bought a 1000RR. Hopefully, I'll get to try that one out sometime soon!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:13 AM
antarius
Large Member

I've ridden a '93 CBR600 F2, a '97 CBR600 F3, a '99 CBR600 F4, a 2000 CBR600 F4, a '01 CBR600 F4i, a '01 CBR929rr, and a '02 CBR 954rr.

I don't want to list my impressions of each of them, because that'd be ridiculously long for me to type.

Bottom line, all of them ran very smoothly and comfortably, they were all easy to ride motorcycles, even the 954 which is more bike than anyone needs. Honda does a great job at creating a reliable, great for-the-track motorcycle, along with street useability and ease of use by the rider.

None of the bikes gave me that buck you off and spit you out feeling, a feeling that a TL1000R and a Ducati 996 have both given me.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:36 PM
95JdmGeezer
Time for yumping yaks.

I Have A 954rr. Its The Bomb. It May Not Be The Fastest Bike On The Planet But Anybody Tells Me Their Bike Is Faster Then Good For Them Its All A Bunch Of Writing On Paper Too Me. Those People Can't Ride Their Bike To Its Full Potential Anyhow. I Also Rode A 98 9r And A 929rr. I Don't Feel Comfortable Riding Other Peoples Bikes.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:26 AM
RicerVtr

I have a 98 superhawk, have had a yamaha 600(don't plan on buying a r6 or 600r if you plan on ringing the shit out of it, they tranny breaks really fast. Broke on mine at 7 thousand and on my buds at 14 thousand)and have ridin a 02 cbr600f4i. The superhawk is a much more fun bike for the street. Because it has a V twin, it gives it a lot of low end power and deffinetly sounds powerful and unique(compared to all the screaming 600s right now). Althought the superhawk was about as fast as the f4i it seems like when you finally get to the power in a 600 you are already breakin the speed limit, never really allowing you to feel your bikes power around town. I would deffinetly recomend a v twin sport bike, they are a lot more fun(a 600 would be a better beginner bike though).
Old 09-11-2004, 06:14 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally Posted by antarius
'01 CBR929rr
havent ever ridden one but my friend offered to sell me his 01 cbr929rr for 5000 obo and i would like some feedback about this bike... i have a feeling its a lot more than i want or need and probably more than i should have for a 1st bike.... but feedback nonetheless
Old 09-11-2004, 09:18 AM
91LudeSi
Gsxrmarine

Yeah when it comes down to it I ride my 996 more then the busa. more fun in the twistys. the busa is more fun for street racing. I love them both. the supper hawk sounds better.- just my 2cents.
oh yeah cbr's suck...
Old 09-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Amanda Moen

I've ridden on the back of my dad's '86 Goldwing Aspencade Se-i. That's about it.