Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Door Locks

Old 02-11-2008, 01:06 PM
1999crv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Locks

My 99 Honda CRV driver side front and rear door locks are stuck LOCKED! I have been crawling my a$$ in from the passenger side. Anyone have any suggestions to help me fix this problem without taking it in? I would appreciate any and all help
Old 02-12-2008, 04:08 AM
trails

I'm not sure about the front doors but I just had that problem with the back ones on my 97 crv.. I took the screws and out of the door handle (and the handle that opens and closes the door) then grabbed the lip on the bottom of the storage try and pulled the door panel out.. I then had to hold the rubber around the window back with a flat screw driver and slide the door panel up and out. I then took a can of spray lube and lubed the H$*l out of the lock mech.. from every hole I could find.. then took a pair of vise grips.. locked them on to the lock rod and pulled right and left untill started to work.. i didn't pull very hard but it took me a lot of little tugs.. I then oiled everything and put the panels back on.. I have the diagram of the screw locations but I have to go to work.. If yo0u need them just let me know and i'll send them tonight.

this is a link to the manual on-line.. the bandwidth is sometimes full but other times it works

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11...%20CRV9700.zip

good luck
Old 02-12-2008, 04:21 AM
1999crv

That diagram would help. It is about 2 degrees here and anything that would let me find them quick and get it done would work. The front door started working again but not with the automatic locks.