Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

07 CRV Paint Issues

Old 08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
emery.propertie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 CRV Paint Issues

My good friend just bought a new CRV. A beautiful car. But! It has developed the strangest issue: The paint has developed faults. These faults consist of many pinpoint failures. The paint appears to have simply released itself from its primer in very small areas. This has occured on the top as well as the sides of the car. The car has been exposed only to elements that her other cars have. Nothing unique.

A Technical Service Bulletin #99-062 dated January of this year is titled:
INDUSTRIAL FALLOUT PAINT DAMAGE.

Have any of you experienced anything similar to this? I welcome and thank you for any effort you might put into a response, as this is important.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How new it could just be thy did not strip and peal the car good. All new crvs come with a thin film to protect the paint if you do not get it all of it looks bad.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:58 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by Fuse
How new it could just be thy did not strip and peal the car good. All new crvs come with a thin film to protect the paint if you do not get it all of it looks bad.
Strip and "peal" the car good? What the fuck?

If they issued a TSB and your car falls within the VIN, Honda is obligated to fix it for you. They may simply have had a bad batch of paint with a line of cars.

EDIT: I get the post now. The hood, trunk, roof and the topmost part of the bodyline is covered in a plastic that looks like heavy duty saran wrap. It's to protect the paint from contaminants during shipping and while sitting at the manufacturer lot.

Honda's Japan line comes out this way, USDM built cars come in white sheets instead. It should be pretty obvious if it's plastic.

Last edited by AcuraFanatic; 08-13-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AcuraFanatic
EDIT: I get the post now. The hood, trunk, roof and the topmost part of the bodyline is covered in a plastic that looks like heavy duty saran wrap. It's to protect the paint from contaminants during shipping and while sitting at the manufacturer lot.
We are saying the same a strip and peal is part of the pdi (predelivery inspection) you remove the saran wrap and usdm come with it too just depends on make all crvs have saran all accords have white plastic.

The bulletin is a 99-062 so it was written in 99 so ya i can see them using the same bad paint for 8 years.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:48 PM
foot

If the car is under warranty, why are you here? Why are you not at the selling dealer?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:09 PM
richieknoble

Default paint issue

i have the same problem. on mine i have little bubble. actually only two in crevises which are hard to see so it didn't bother me. but none the less i had paint flaws on my 07 crv. i was told you can pop them with a pin but i would be too afraid to try, might make it worse.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:10 PM
warbirder

Default 99 Civic LX

We have a 99 civic that the clear coat is coming off the roof. I t seems to be a common problem. Is this covered under the 99-062 tsb?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:36 AM
JGENOVA

Default Incorrect Bulletin

That Bulletin Applys Only To Surface Damage Than Can Be Cleaned With Specific Honda Solvents
Also Honda Paint Is Only Warranted To 5 Years With Unlimted Milage In You Present Condition If You Performed All Service
Needs With Your Local Dealer They My Contact The District Rep
From Ahm For Good Will