Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

03 CRV-EX Stereo Code

Old 03-03-2007, 05:58 PM
mrtorelli
Honda Nation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 CRV-EX Stereo Code

Hi, my friends CRV the battery died on it the other day so we just installed a new battery today. Now the stereo is locked. It needs the 5 digit code, just he bought the crv used and was never given one from the dealership.

Is there a bypass code or something, we can use?

It really sucks driving without tunes.. lol
Old 03-03-2007, 06:22 PM
DJHarkavy
'01 Accord EX Owner

Originally Posted by mrtorelli
Hi, my friends CRV the battery died on it the other day so we just installed a new battery today. Now the stereo is locked. It needs the 5 digit code, just he bought the crv used and was never given one from the dealership.

Is there a bypass code or something, we can use?

It really sucks driving without tunes.. lol

You need to get the serial number of the radio, and then call the dealer. There are also places on the internet who can give you (or sell you) the code from the serial number, if the dealer tries to charge you.

You MIGHT be able to get the serial number by turning off the radio, holding down the preset 1 and 6 buttons and turning the radio back on. The display will show 8 digits with a U at the beginning and an L in the middle.

If this doesn't work, you need to look at the top of the radio reciever to get the serial number, which requires removing the stereo.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:36 PM
DJHarkavy
'01 Accord EX Owner

I haven't tried this, because my code was on a sticker in the glove compartment, but another web site suggested that if you have the serial number and the VIN,

call (800) 999-1009. Make sure you have your VIN number handy because they will ask for it. They will ask for your name and approx. milage, and your radio's serial number. They will then give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN!
Good luck!