Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

odyssey cylinder head swap?

Old 01-20-2007, 06:12 AM
viper2lt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odyssey cylinder head swap?

good day everyone. i'm new here. just wanted to know if anyone has an idea about the bolt patterns on the non vtec engine of the 96 odyssey. i am trying to find out if they have the same bolt patterns with h22 vtec heads. any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated. thanks
Old 02-01-2007, 03:59 PM
asheylarry

oddesy is a single over head cam so im pretty sure the head bolt pattern is gonna be way different. also its not even worth it. if your gonna try and get power see if the v6 vtec out of the newer oddesys will swap
Old 03-02-2007, 03:15 AM
viper2lt

thanks asheylarry. i finally decided to do a full engine swap. my electrician will be re-wiring the ecu together with the accord instrument panel it came in with.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:24 PM
viper2lt

finally finished. i used the stock f22 tranny. it came with a/t but the h22a tranny is floor shift so there will be a little difference. the first few days i wrecked the a/t solenoid but after replacement, it now runs smooth. i noticed lesser gas consumption since the ody is no longer under powered. i usually smoke unaware civics here.