Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

2007 MDX - Wow!

Old 12-29-2006, 08:44 PM
abemathew0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 MDX - Wow!

I test drove the new 2007 MDX and it is indeed an amazing car. The handling is fantastic - it takes curves almost at the same speed as my 3 series. All around it is a great car. However, the dealers are not willing to come down below MSRP. What kind of deals are people getting on the 07 MDX's?

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Kevin168

yea, the mdx are still at MSRP ......is only 3 months into the market plus is th e brand new design....
Old 01-25-2007, 05:01 AM
rb6teg

Here's a glowing review by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. They pretty much said that there are no negatives to this vehicle, which is crazy.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07025/756430-97.stm

MDX makeover adds fun personality

Thursday, January 25, 2007
By Don Hammonds, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

When cars change their personality from the tried and true, the results can be startling. That's certainly the case with the 2007 Acura MDX.

This popular large crossover was known for its spacious, airy interior, tenacious off-road abilities, quiet, smooth ride and, of course, sterling quality.

But this new model is something else again. First, it's fast. The old model felt heavy and slow, but this one feels agile, quick and aggressive. The interior of the new model feels cozier, although it has about the same amount of room. But the style and feel of the seating is definitely all about sporting ability and strong lateral and back support.

The previous version had a blade-like appearance from the side, but generally was pretty tame looking. The new model is much edgier, more in the vein of pushing the styling envelope.

Driving it is quite an experience, too. When you get in, the car's message center flashes you a cheery "Hello," and when you fire up the engine, you'll hear a nice, healthy growl from the engine. You're surrounded by a futuristic cockpit with a center stack that slants steeply away from you. The controls are business-like, with a no-nonsense appearance not unlike top drawer sports cars.

When you take off, you're pushed gently into your seat as the car picks up speed quickly. Handling is unusually strong and sporty for a fairly heavy SUV, and it can carve up corners and curves with some of the best sports sedans. There was none of the slightly sluggish feeling I got from driving the previous generation MDX.

Power for the MDX comes from a 3.7 liter, 300 horsepower V-6 and five speed transmission. And to add to the fun, you can shift this automatic manually if you wish. The fuel mileage rating is 17 in the city and 22 on the highway.

Standard equipment includes full power equipment, moon roof, heated front seats, tri-zone climate control, a CD/MP3 player and full length side curtain air bags and active front head restraints. The stability control system includes a feature that assists in keeping the car stable when using a trailer.

There are several expensive option packages available on the MDX, and they can send the price zooming from the base of $39,995 to almost $50,000 in a heartbeat. Most of the packages focus on luxury equipment, sporty driving equipment and all manner of electronic gizmos. But a word to the wise: Be careful with your pocketbook.

Disadvantages? None with the car itself. But I suspect there may be some people who head to the dealer thinking they will find this rather sedate, quiet MDX will be awfully surprised -- maybe too surprised -- at how the product has changed. It will take some getting used to the MDX's new persona for some folks.

But if they can embrace the change, I can guarantee they won't be the least bit disappointed.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
asheylarry

i cant afford that shit