Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

1995 Odyssey Stereo/Changer/Telephone System

Old 12-28-2006, 07:04 AM
jmpraetorian
Rollin The '95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Odyssey Stereo/Changer/Telephone System

I just put a new stereo system in my Ody and pulled out the factory Tape Deck, 6-CD Changer & Telephone unit. I was just wondering if these things are worth anything or I should just chuck 'em. I'm not spammin', I just don't know whether they're worth keeping or not...is the setup rare? Seems odd to have an in-dash phone and a factory changer under the seat. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thy are rear but not worth a lot.Put it on ebay no reserve.maybe max 100$?????
Old 12-29-2006, 02:22 PM
jmpraetorian
Rollin The '95

Default re: stereo

thanks, maybe I'll try that. Heres a pic...

Old 12-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Fuse

It all looks good did it all work.I have never seen one of the phones work.Time to time we get one in the shop but thy never work.When it was new that was probably 1000+ parts and labor but like technology gos my new computers is already out dated and worth 50 bucks lol.

Last edited by Fuse; 12-29-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:20 PM
jmpraetorian
Rollin The '95

Default re: phone

Yeah, as far as I could tell it worked. I never subscribed to the service but, being the curious me, I turned it on and tried to call someone and it did everything like light up and make tone noises but wouldn't connect because I didnt have the service. I have heard though that whether you have service or not it will call emergency...but I'm not completely stupid so I didn't try that LOL. It's also got the hideaway handset that sets down below it in the center-console cubby-hole but I can't figure out how to get it out.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:22 PM
jmpraetorian
Rollin The '95

Default re: cd and cassette

Oh yes and the changer worked fine, I used it daily...and the stereo tuner and cassette and all the functions worked fine though the tape heads probably need cleaned because I played the tape player hardly ever. This was previously my mothers car (my dad is a general manager at Honda dealership) and she babied everything.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Fuse

Originally Posted by jmpraetorian
Oh yes and the changer worked fine, I used it daily...and the stereo tuner and cassette and all the functions worked fine though the tape heads probably need cleaned because I played the tape player hardly ever. This was previously my mothers car (my dad is a general manager at Honda dealership) and she babied everything.
Cool ,general manager no wonder he could afford all that stuff + he got a discount.I also work for honda not a manager just a tech.Put it on ebay should be worth some thing.Ya don't trash it just for sentimental value.

You know you want to hook it all back up and call 911.

O good luck getting the hide away hand set out.I cant get info on accessory's that far back.

Last edited by Fuse; 12-29-2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:40 PM
jmpraetorian
Rollin The '95

LOL @ 911...dont tempt me! hahaa