Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

acura mdx 2002 factory radio problem

Old 07-10-2006, 04:55 PM
blue_j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default acura mdx 2002 factory radio problem

i left my hazzards on and my battery died, now the radio is asking me for the security code, i bought my car used and it did not come with a manual.... if anybody knows what the code is or if im stuck with going to the dealer please help me out....i dont want to go to the dealer cuz they want like 150 if they have to take it out the car......
Old 07-27-2006, 04:55 AM
jwrape

You have to remove the radio and get the serial number off the back of the Headunit and call the dealer and they can give you the security code.

SOMETIMES, the code is written somewhere in your manual or inside your glove compartment, but most of the time you will have to do the above. I found it out the hard way to.

After that I replaced the head unit all together.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:42 PM
7seats4me

Default How do I remove the head unit?

I have the same problem and am awaiting call back from my dealer. I'd love to just remove the head unit, but if it's anything beyond popping it out fairly easily, I am afraid to touch it. How do I remove the head unit to check the SN?

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:30 AM
jwrape

The trim pops off with a little effort. It is only held on with clips that kinda clamp on. Not too hard but you MUST be gentle. After all it is a Acura.