Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

No Maintenace Req'd Button?

Old 03-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Hitchiiti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Maintenace Req'd Button?

Hi All,
The Maintence Req'd light on my 2005 CRV SE was reset this morning at the dealer for the first time. I just discovered this web resource, joined, and learned about the magic Blue Button to reset it myself in the future. Only problem is--there is no such button on my car! Is is located at a different location on the 2005s? Would the dealer have removed it? Thank you for your help.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:00 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never heard of anything like that...I always thought the dealer just cleared the codes after you came in for scheduled maintenance...Why would you want to reset it in the future, how would you know if something was actually wrong with your car?
Old 03-15-2006, 01:57 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hitchiiti
Hi All,
The Maintence Req'd light on my 2005 CRV SE was reset this morning at the dealer for the first time. I just discovered this web resource, joined, and learned about the magic Blue Button to reset it myself in the future. Only problem is--there is no such button on my car! Is is located at a different location on the 2005s? Would the dealer have removed it? Thank you for your help.

First of all whoever gave you that info has no idea what they are talking about.

the most common misconception is that its a great big secret on turning the Maint' light out. this info is in everyones owners manual if you would just take the time to read it.

If you look on page 60 of the 05 cr-v manual you will see how to reset it. Incase your lazy or lost it i have attached it for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Maint. reset.pdf (193.2 KB, 48 views)