Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Outside Temperature Gauge '04 CRV

Old 06-07-2005, 03:43 PM
boulderroller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outside Temperature Gauge '04 CRV

I notice that there's a provision in the instrument cluster for displaying the outside temperature, but found out that it's a Canadian only feature. Does Honda think it only gets cold in Canada? I've had OEM outdoor temperature gauges on other vehicles and its very helpful when the temp is dropping. Does anyone know of a way to add the hardware for the temperature sensor to a US CRV to take advantage of the cluster display? I don't feel like changing out the rearview mirror to add an aftermarket thermometer. I found out that you get what you paid for with the dash mounted aftermarket displays - they stink.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Dvand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's really dumb to sell a "good" car without an outside temp gauge. Just bought a 2005 MDX and assumed there'd be one. Not! (Unless you push a button to look.)
It's even dangerous. In January, heading north out of Chicago at night with my new car and a temp of 40 degrees, I had no idea that the temperature was dropping fast until I hit ice. The gauge on any other car I recently owned would have warned me!
Old 06-08-2005, 02:36 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ther are outside temp gauges on the US models just not the LX ones.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:47 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dvand
(Unless you push a button to look.)
...so what are you bitching about?